Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just received a bunch of boxes of parts which came with my GT. The car was raced in '78 and these parts have not seen the light of day until now. Most of them I can identify, but this has me stumped. Maybe it's not even Opel? I have two of them.

Anyone know what this is? :confused:

Thanks,

jtb

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
just a guess here, and it is hard to tell what size it is, but maybe some sort of rear traction part. maybe a sway bar mount or a rearend stabilizer bar mount.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I think that might be correct in the rear swaybar mount. I've never seen one like that for an Opel but that is by no means saying it's not stock. Is that radius the right size for a rear axle? Interesting, especially since fabricating a pair of sway bar mounts is on my to do list.

·
Kalifornia Kid
551 Posts
Never actually seen a rear axle to sway bar (GT) like that one before.
Looks like 1/2 of a "bolt-on" style. Were the rear portion is missing.
The side you see is the side that bolts to the factory stock sway bar.
I wonder if this is a "custom" piece someone hand built, or......??????
73 GT & 73 Manta

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Hi,

I think you guys might be right, although I'm still not sure it's for an Opel.

They sure don't look home made, tough to bend plate like that.

I dug in the box further and found these other pieces... Looks like it would clamp around something ~ 2.5" in diameter using 8mm bolts.

The part is made from 3/16 (4mm) plate. that large hole where it looks like a bushing would go is about 1" in diameter.

Well, if it is for the rear axle, I don't need 'em. Anybody want them?

Cheers,

James

Attachments

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Yep!

Part # 444425 Support, stab. (w/mtg. clamp-lwr.) 68-70 Kadett & 71-72 Models 31-36
The lower part is #444475 Clamp. upr.-stab. supt mtg.

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! That was fast.
Well, I don't need them so away they go, I need the space.

By the way, I have a bunch of parts that I won't be needing. I put some brake drums on the ad board just to see what response I'd get.
I also have things like: carb, oil pan, valve cover, intake manifold, drilled rotors, clutches, trans parts, etc. that I don't need. I'll list them here and if I don't get much response, I guess I'll try Evil-bay

Cheers,

jtb

·
Certified Opelholic
1,470 Posts
you sure Jim that looks like a do hicky to me it connects to the thing-a-ma-jig

also known as a dohummer :D

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
I Stand on my Dignity!

:D That is what they are called in the Opel and GT Parts Book - who am I to argue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts