Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
that car was on ebay 1-2 years ago. it was said that its a early type of throttle body injection system.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
but you might be able to get more power from this set up correct me if im wrong..but if it runs well and drives nicely i wouldnt change it.. just my 2 cents..

by the way you might have the only gt that has that set up too... and i thought i saw that on ebay here recently.. nice car... enjoy..

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
I remember that it was said that it ran lean, it is basically a single throttle body with poor air flow. but if it works it would be interesting to keep.

·
1,807 Posts
The unit looks like a variable venturi carb. that was sold in the 70'
it looks to have a choke cable & low pressure fuel regulator..
it's like an SU carb but.. a down draft ..hope this helps
(parts may be had to find ), replacement with more common carb.
may be your best opt. :cool:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the thing, I don't know if it runs or not, the fuel tank is out at this point lets just say that I'm getting ready and trying to understand what I have here.

Willy_g77 said:
but you might be able to get more power from this set up correct me if im wrong..but if it runs well and drives nicely i wouldnt change it.. just my 2 cents..

by the way you might have the only gt that has that set up too... and i thought i saw that on ebay here recently.. nice car... enjoy..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your help, once I get it going I'll see how it runs and I will let you all know, but I think for the type of driving that I do (very conservative) I'll be better off with a Weber carb which I have. Thank you all again.
Al

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.