Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Opel Intern
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I bought a HERO camera from a company called GoPro. The camera is tiny, weighing only 4 ounces, and the trick to it is that it has a suction-cup mount which can be mounted to almost any smooth, flat surface. I am planning on taking videos of my GT once it is legally allowed out on the road. To occupy my time and get my moneys worth out of the camera, I have been taking videos of a friend of mine's BMW 2002, as well as a couple of other owners of the car.

These are some links to videos which have been created using the camera.
(Please, no heckling about the editing in the videos. I spent maybe 5 minutes at the longest editing them and did so without any sort of real editing software, so close to raw footage is what you are seeing)

I don't exactly where to put this thread, so I guess I'll just put it in the General area.

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,314 Posts
And the Oscar goes to Jay, a hardcore Redskins fan for his tire's eye view of the streets, curbs, and fast moving pedestrians of Washington, DC... :notworthy:arms::notworthy

·
2,428 Posts
I haven't viewed the videos, but which camera did you get? Will you be fastening this camera to one of your RC planes?

Todd

·
13,138 Posts

·
13,138 Posts
Dan, all the car-mounted Mt. Washington hillclimb video was via Go Pro cameras, in case you're wondering about the quality.

·
Vendor
87 Posts
The only downside I found while researching the HERO cam was the fixed focal length. It's only a wide angle lens. For a recent tarpon fishing trip I went with a standard camcorder, which while a bit more expensive, was much more versatile. JM2C:cool:

·
13,138 Posts
The only downside I found while researching the HERO cam was the fixed focal length. It's only a wide angle lens. For a recent tarpon fishing trip I went with a standard camcorder, which while a bit more expensive, was much more versatile. JM2C:cool:
Agreed. However it's easier to justify losing a GoPro rather than a more expensive camcorder when you mount them in a prone location, such as on the outside of a racecar.

Paul Phillippi Photography | Climb to the Clouds Hillclimb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts