Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you were the same guy from Connecticut I used to autocross with (you and you brother Ed with the 911?). We're talking back in the late '80's, at that time I was autocrossing my Toyota pickup (the one with the blower). Just curious. I remember driving by your house and seeing the Opel GT, the Volvo P1800, and the Porsche 911 in the driveway....

Bob Legere

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bob,

First of all, sorry to take so long to get back to you. I haven't been active on this forum and wasn't aware you had written to me.

I remember you well. What are you driving these days? I've got a 944S out here in Seattle and am planning a move back East with my fiance this summer. It'll be a good chance to get the Opel GT out of the barn and out on the road. The engine started making scary noises a few years ago, and I've been scoping out a Mazda rotary transplant. Should be possible to get 200-250 HP out of the rotary and it fits in the engine compartment relatively well. Weight and balance improve too. Haven't worked out the details of getting the power to the rear wheels yet, and may post something on this site after the January wedding.

Hope you're doing well. Are you still in Connecticut?

-Dave
'72 GT
'88 944S

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea...still in CT. I'm currently unemployed so my plans to move to Vermont have taken a step backwards.

My daily driver is my old trusty Sentra. Trying to get a turbo and fresh shortblock in that but funds are lacking of course. The WRX is way over the lease limit so it's parked for the winter. Still have a slew of Opels, never enough time to work on them! Always someone else's cars...

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bob,

Let's hook up the next time I'm back East. I'll be popping in and out of CT in the next few months for interviews (hopefully). I'm currently an aerodynamicist with Boeing Commercial Aircraft, and am hoping to expand into jet engines and/or race car aero. Let me know if you have any interesting aerodynamic race car problems and I'll see if I can help. Could be external aero (like brake cooling vents or front air dam) or internal aero (like headers/exhaust). Hoping to establish a reputation in the industry, so if the problem is interesting enough I can work for free. Drop me a line if you've got anything. If it's anything confidential, go ahead and use the e-mail link (R.S.V.P.) on our wedding web site (http://home.comcast.net/~d.bogue/DaveImelda.html)

-David

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave Bogue said:
I'm currently an aerodynamicist with Boeing Commercial Aircraft, and am hoping to expand into jet engines and/or race car aero.
You don't happen to know a Brit by the name of Dave Kean by chance? He's a fellow motorsport enthusiast and co-driver for my friend's rallycar, he works for Boeing in Seattle....although I do realize the Boeing facility is rather large and you may never set foot on the same footsteps twice!

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't know Dave Kean, but there are 60,000+ engineers at Boeing so that isn't totally surprising. Haven't touced base with the Rally folks out here either. Autocross and lapping have kept me busy enough.

-Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts