Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a solution to replace a lost air vent for a ARA console with a after market one:confused:
A good friend of me need a vent for the driver side:ugh:

Attachments

·
Can Opeler
3,462 Posts
Is there a solution to replace a lost air vent for a ARA console with a after market one:confused:
PJ Romano has some different vents in his ARA console try sending him a PM.

·
Opeler
3,720 Posts
I had to make those louvres. Not the best solution as they are in fixed position but there was no choice.

I wonder if Vintage louvres should fit: https://www.vintageair.com/accessories/?subcat1=Louvers&subcat2=Standard Series Louvers
Their size is 4.75x1.562 inch (120.6 mm x 39.7 mm). Even if they are slightly larger, the opening in the plastic console could be slightly altered. They are available as all black or with the chrome edge.

Attachments

·
Opeler
1,488 Posts
Norbert, there used to be a member on this site (OpelThom, I think) from the Netherlands, who had a beautiful show-winning, red targa-top GT. It had a super nice cream leather interior with an ARA ac console. I seem to remember him saying that he found replacement vents for it at a VW dealer, but I don't remember what model they were from, maybe a Golf. Do you possibly know OpelThom from the European Opel shows or know of any VW parts people who might be able to help you find some?
Good Luck!
Bob

Edit: Found it. Here is a picture of OpelThom's interior with the ac console and vents. Post no. 20 in here.

https://www.opelgt.com/forums/opel-gt-restoration-project/11887-new-step-step-gt-build-2.html

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Norbert, there used to be a member on this site (OpelThom, I think) from the Netherlands, who had a beautiful show-winning, red targa-top GT. It had a super nice cream leather interior with an ARA ac console. I seem to remember him saying that he found replacement vents for it at a VW dealer, but I don't remember what model they were from, maybe a Golf. Do you possibly know OpelThom from the European Opel shows or know of any VW parts people who might be able to help you find some?
Good Luck!
Bob

Edit: Found it. Here is a picture of OpelThom's interior with the ac console and vents. Post no. 20 in here.

https://www.opelgt.com/forums/opel-gt-restoration-project/11887-new-step-step-gt-build-2.html
Ha
Thanks for this realy good idear!
That are AC Vents from a VW T4 Bus. Sitting in the AC-channel in the Headliner.They are full adjustable in all directions and off /on!
And this VW vents are realy cheap here in Germany.
Only must do a little paint job. Most the vents are in grey color!

Norbert:veryhappy

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I had to make those louvres. Not the best solution as they are in fixed position but there was no choice.
P.J.
I order one Set of 6 from those VW-Vents (louvers) just in time.And I know you be good painter.
So I will send two of this adjustable vents to your home for free!"Paint it Black":lmao:
Now you have a nice job for winter time!

Btw. The VW Partnumber is 703820963

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
It looks like the problem is solved for now! If you want something a little more modern, consider the 2018 Opel Astra (which might be a little wide), but others are available: Chevy Equinox (in he middle), ??

Doug

Attachments

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
P.J.
I order one Set of 6 from those VW-Vents (louvers) just in time.And I know you be good painter.
So I will send two of this adjustable vents to your home for free!"Paint it Black":lmao:
Now you have a nice job for winter time!

Btw. The VW Partnumber is 703820963
Tomorrow a set of 6 Vents will go over the pond to Canada!

P.J. buy a rattle can of satin black just now:haha:

Attachments

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Before I start a next mess.Sorry!
My Friends have new VW T4 Vents now.
And I for my self never need ones.
All other have the VW part number and can search by self!
So I be out of this theme:moon:

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts

·
Opeler
3,720 Posts
My Friends have new VW T4 Vents now.
And I for my self never need ones.
I received from Norbert several of those VW vents. It required small modification of vents and enlarging the hole in the console. I painted vents black and the result is pretty good.
Thank you Norbert!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts