Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been calling to get one of those engine packages but nobody's called me back. Could someone light a fire under Rally Bob for me? :)

Actually, I have a C&R engine in my car and I was wondering which "package" I bought. I know mine was a 2.0 long block. Might have been an earlier package than what's shown here as I think I got it around 1986-87.

IMG_20200809_103507579.jpg

IMG_20200809_103614673.jpg

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,495 Posts
I probably got a 2.0 "C" engine from him, although I bought the block and head seperately a couple of years apart. The head I got had big valves, but solid lifters and his "Sport" cam. That's the engine I put 225K miles on. Still ran like a loping kitten when I sold it.

:)

·
Super Moderator
13,561 Posts
Actually, I have a C&R engine in my car and I was wondering which "package" I bought. I know mine was a 2.0 long block. Might have been an earlier package than what's shown here as I think I got it around 1986-87.
I didn’t own C & R back in ‘86-‘’87, and in fact only worked there from ‘84-‘85. I wouldn’t know what the specs were.

That spec sheet was probably from ‘92-‘93 or so.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I know is it still runs like a champ 30+ years later. Did you do the rebuilds when you worked there, Bob?

·
Super Moderator
13,561 Posts
All I know is it still runs like a champ 30+ years later. Did you do the rebuilds when you worked there, Bob?
I did not.
In the 1980’s they were machined locally (Somers, CT), and assembled in-house in Ellington, CT at C & R by Dave Cooley, who was a car enthusiast, Opel owner, and general machinist himself.

·
Super Moderator
13,561 Posts
Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not.
In the 1980’s they were machined locally (Somers, CT), and assembled in-house in Ellington, CT at C & R by Dave Cooley, who was a car enthusiast, Opel owner, and general machinist himself.
Actually, I just came across an old post and see you'd given me some of that history a couple years ago. But of course I had forgotten it. If this keeps up I'll soon be able to hide my own Easter eggs! :oops:

Reactions: RallyBob

·
Über Genius
9,023 Posts
Actually, I just came across an old post and see you'd given me some of that history a couple years ago. But of course I had forgotten it. If this keeps up I'll soon be able to hide my own Easter eggs! :oops:
Is it Easter already? My the time flies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there anyone out there doing engine upgrades or packages like this anymore? Nothing wrong with my block but options are nice to have.

·
Super Moderator
13,561 Posts
Is there anyone out there doing engine upgrades or packages like this anymore? Nothing wrong with my block but options are nice to have.
Once my shop is fully set up and some of my own projects are completed I’m looking at bringing some engine packages to market, along with prepped cylinder heads and turbo kits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts