Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vurx,

I see you are a new member in Michigan. I don't know if anyone told you yet, but we have an Opelers group in Michigan. Our yahoo group is opelrsofmichigan. I know at least one Opel will be at the Classic Cars Blood drive on this weekend (June 7 - 8) in Grand Rapids, and there is a meet in Mason, Michigan (near Lansing) on June 28th, 2003.

Where are you going to school? I just finished my bachelors in Computer Science... and can't find a job... sigh (databases - 3-4 years exp)..

Good luck!

Heather V. Havel
1970 Opel GT
1967 Camaro

·
Opeler
25 Posts
neat, i just joined opelrsofmichigan as imuzed

i will be attending the university of michigan dearborn with the hopes of transferring to ann arbor. ann arbor will be a long drive everyday, and i plan on doing it in my opel!

Sorry you cant find a job, this market sucks. i am a graphic designer, work is slow, but it will pick up.

-- Aaron

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
so how many opel owners are in this group? i'm in michigan and haven't heard of it until this thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to yahoogroups there are 22 members. The yahoogroup itself isn't very active - more to let people know when car shows are, parts exchanging, and if someone wants to do a mini-meet (other than our main Mason meet) (such as an Opel drive to Traverse City which some of us are thinking about - if it ever gets warm that is).

Some very nice people are part of the group! Would love to see both of you at the Mason meet! It isn't a car show (last year I took our 67 Camaro 'cuz I didn't have the Opel GT running - hopefully the GT will be running this year) just a get together at a park with food.

=)

Heather V. Havel
1970 Opel GT
1967 Camaro

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
where is the mason meet at? when? if i have the GT goin again i'll see if i can bribe the old man in to going, i drive my GT around on my permit...lol. something you guys probably dont hear about too often.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The meet is in Mason, Michigan - just south of Lansing. A pretty tame thing - your dad might enjoy it since most people who own opels are his generation - not ours. Be WONDERFUL to have you there - hate being the youngest (actually husband is tech. youngest by 6 weeks - but he looks older - and I look younger). The meet is in a little park with some small ponds and lots of shade. If you join the group ([email protected]) one of us can ask directions - one of the guys lives down the road (he hopefully has his made 2.4 and 5 speed in this year! Looked way cool even out of the GT last year!)

Bring parts if you have them - Mike always does (he is VERY nice - but this could be a biased opinion since he's helped me sooo much with my GT ;) (I hope you are reading this Mike =) )).

Hope to see you both there!

Heather

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i couldnt fit nearly half of all my parts into my GT!!!, i think you (havel1hv) were one of the people coming out to get parts before too long, or is it somebody else? sounds like i have 3 weeks to get her back together and it probably wont happen unless i can get dad to take the ridge reamer and hone to my blocks and see if i have to bore one, and check for oversized bearings also so i can order my parts from northerautoparts. ALOT CHEAPER ENGINE PARTS THAN OGTS!!! they have rebuild kits for alot of cars and they are very cheap, especially for performance items.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have tracked you down now!

Hey Heather, Thanks for th einfo about this site. Very nice, and way easier to read and follow. Hey Smurf dude, I PMd you already, hope we can meet up. I imagin we will continue to use the other site just for MI until we come up with something else. Well hope to get to know many of you. John Brooks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh now I am crackin up

I checked out the picture link, and those are my pictures! Now how did I do that? You guys must have transfered them from somewhere, or maybe I HAVE been here before. Talk about deja vu all over again. Well, how do I add our pictures from this year then?

·
Administrator
9,968 Posts
John.
You sent me the pics last summer. We had a different look then.

To upload photos: go to the gallery, go to the forum you want to post to, click on "Add Photo" at the top and away you go. Hey, there are enough MI Opelers now, I can set up your own club forum if you'd like.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i see theres alot of michigan members posting lately, whos all from michigan on here now?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts