Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 1971 Opel GT - Blue...needs work...I live in Prince George, BC...I need to find a way to order or get a key blank...It came with no keys...I also have a 1976 Spitfire...a few 65 mustangs...I love old cars!

Craig

·
392 Posts
First, wecome to the site. Some of us have more then just Opels, too. We would love to see some pictures as time goes on. Even of the "other" cars.

As far as keys we have a bucket of keys that are being passed around to people in the same predicament as you are in. I just recieved the can, yesterday, in hopes one fits my keyless car. The theory is that Opel didn't use very many different keys as to keep things simple. We will see.

Again, great to hear from a newbie and start reading. There are very few questions about Opels that haven't been asked. Use the search feature or go to the Opel forum section. Have fun.

Mike

·
Opeler
4 Posts
Hi Craig I also have a 71 GT I live in Rothesay New Brunswick on the east coast. Just put mine on the road last week after 5 years anyway this might help you I had 5 keys cut for mine last year the key blank # was {DOMINION LOCK CO. #H62VP } cost me about $6 a key just went to local locksmith.
Hope this helps good luck
Jerry

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
Hi Craig . Welcome. I have a 1970 opel gt and located in Cowansville Quebec. Nice collection! John.

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
I just had 2 keys cut for my Manta this AM at my nearby locksmith. If anyone needs a new blank, he still has 8 left. They are Taylor #079JB blanks. He says $3 ea. to me, uncut.
$1.00 postage and handling by me. $4.00 ea. limit 2 to a customer.
If anyone wants in , e-mail me at [email protected]
Very limited time offer.
-Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts