Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Here are pictures of my carburetor. I'm not sure of these will help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Can Opeler
3,519 Posts
Is your Gt a 1969? I see those metal lines in one of the pics that appear to go to the exhaust manifold. Does your GT have the A.I.R pump that attaches to it? It will be an AC looking pump on that side of the engine. Not really worth anything, but it is rare and neat if you have it.

EDIT never mind I mistook the vacuum retard line for the metal lines.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Is your Gt a 1969? I see those metal lines in one of the pics that appear to go to the exhaust manifold. Does your GT have the A.I.R pump that attaches to it? It will be an AC looking pump on that side of the engine. Not really worth anything, but it is rare and neat if you have it.
No mines a '72 and the only line going to my exhaust manifold is what I think is the brake booster hose. Not really sure what it is

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
No mines a '72 and the only line going to my exhaust manifold is what I think is the brake booster hose. Not really sure what it is

And what metal line are you referring to? There aren't any on that side that I've noticed

·
Über Genius
9,463 Posts
Here is why I asked you to post pictures.

You need to know what each thing is.

Now, if you had posted more pictures showing each little thing, we could diagram them all for you.

But, for now, see the idle jet marked?
There's one on each side of the carb.

Take them out but keep track of which one is on each side. Clean the jets with carb cleaner.
Keep in mind that the brass part you see is "technically" a holder for the jet. The jet will come out of the holder and you will be able to inspect the jet. You want to be able to see through the tiny hole at the end.

Your idle speed screw isn't pictured.

Attachments

Reactions: Knorm65

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here is why I asked you to post pictures.

You need to know what each thing is.

Now, if you had posted more pictures showing each little thing, we could diagram them all for you.

But, for now, see the idle jet marked?
There's one on each side of the carb.

Take them out but keep track of which one is on each side. Clean the jets with carb cleaner.
Keep in mind that the brass part you see is "technically" a holder for the jet. The jet will come out of the holder and you will be able to inspect the jet. You want to be able to see through the tiny hole at the end.

Your idle speed screw isn't pictured.
The idle speed screw is the one that contacts the throttle stop lever right?

·
Über Genius
9,463 Posts
The idle speed screw is the one that contacts the throttle stop lever right?

Yes.
I have a half dozen carbs at my disposal for pictures if needed but it's better to see pictures of YOUR carb.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes.
I have a half dozen carbs at my disposal for pictures if needed but it's better to see pictures of YOUR carb.
I was finding it difficult to take pictures with the carb in the car. Not much space around there

·
Über Genius
9,463 Posts
I was finding it difficult to take pictures with the carb in the car. Not much space around there

Yup, it's tough but with your Samsung S7, it's possible.

·
Über Genius
9,463 Posts
What else do you need to see?

Your idle speed adjustment screw and your brake booster connection (the hose that looks like it's connected to the exhaust manifold)

·
Can Opeler
3,519 Posts
While you are at it post pics of anything you want identified. Your entire engine bay, the parts of the distributor, whatever you aren’t sure about post it and we can label it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
While you are at it post pics of anything you want identified. Your entire engine bay, the parts of the distributor, whatever you aren’t sure about post it and we can label it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ill have to wait until tomorrow again because it gets dark at freaking 430 now.

·
Über Genius
9,463 Posts
Ill have to wait until tomorrow again because it gets dark at freaking 430 now.

There's a flash on your S7.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Here are pics of my brake booster hose connection and my idle speed screw.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Well after doing all that, I tried turning it over with a screwdriver. It cranked but it went back to not starting.

·
Can Opeler
3,519 Posts
Well after doing all that, I tried turning it over with a screwdriver. It cranked but it went back to not starting.

Make sure you had the key on. You can turn the engine with a screwdriver with the key off, but the coil won't have power unless the key is in the run position. I wouldn't worry too much about getting the car running until you can fix the starting issue. You need go get a multimeter and print off some how to articles on how to check voltage. If you can't find the problem with the diagram I posted on your other thread you may have a bad ign switch. If thats the case you can look up how to rig up a push button start.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts