Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hole diameter of head intake mainfold

I'm sure this information lies somewhere, or has been asked/discused before, but i can't find it (belive me i've searched)

I'm looking into buying two double solex carbs 40 or 45 diam... not sure, one has lost a needle so they sell really cheap, but i don't know if they will fit directly on the stock opel head. i know people have done it before with webers, but those are different carbs.
So anyway, it would be great if i knew the hole pattern on the 1.9 opel head.
Thanks. :)

edit: btw heres a picture of the carbs currently fitted on a ratty yugo if anyone's interested. http://portal.raceonlimit.com/images/juzina/juzina005.JPG

·
Opeler
21 Posts
solex C40 ADDHE on 1,9 CIH head !!!

I made an intake manifold from rectangular tube ( 35x40 mm) -see pics.
The flanges for solex, , weber and dellorto are the same ( the distance between barells is the same ) . I recomend you C 40 ADDHE and if you will consider necessary mail me and I'll send you the jettings.

BR,

Cristian

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thats pretty good... i don't know the model that i'm buying or if its 40 or 45...but its definetly the only one available to me... who knows maybe the mainfold from the yugo will even fit (long shot), if not i'll have to get it made by a welder.
i will definetly be on the lookout for 1 new jet, once i know for sure which jet and model...
Thanks. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts