Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
So I watch this video and think 'That is really too quiet'....Then I turned the speakers ON. Impressive, I WANT ONE !

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dyno runs!! So after a bit of tuning the new engine is living its best life from what I can tell. Here's the dyno chart with the previous setup on there for comparison. The new pistons/rod combo really woke this engine up. The cam is a mystery re-grind that come with some parts I bought and it has about .75mm more lift than stock. No idea on the what rest of its profile is though. Compression ratio is about 9.7:1 after some pretty aggressive head milling. Runs well on California pump gas.

76.5 HP at the wheels is pretty satisfying for a 1.1 OHV to say the least. It's not a fast car by today's standards but has a really fun personality and feels just right for what it is. I'm going to leave the engine alone for now and move to other madcapped schemes to make the car better. Stand by...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Very impressive accomplishment!
Your making as much wheel hp as many 2Ls are! Thanks for posting this update

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
None of this was very expensive is the good news. The BMW/Mini pistons and rods are readily available on ebay and the machine work to fit them is just typical stuff. Putting the Honda valves in the head was a bit more of a science project but again, a regular automotive machine shop was able to do the work once I explained the goal.

Let's hear it for the 1.1! I'm betting that an OHV Kadett could be a pretty decent force in vintage racing up against Sprites and such.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Agreed! It's so impressive what you accomplished with nothing more then 1100cc! Seriously man that's cool, and you have dyno data to back it up with!!! Awesome project

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Bump!

Simply a cool completely odd ball engine build!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts