Opel GT Forum banner

Hood scoop position ? Anterior or a little bit back ?

• A: A more anterior position

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • B: A bit back proximal to the Opel hump

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Opel GT, SR20 engine
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a hood scoop to cover the SR20 engine notched valve cover. Now I am just figuring where to position it
A: ANTERIORLY PLACED / A MORE FORWARD POSITION

B: A LITTLE BIT BACK...PROXIMAL TO THE OPEL HUMP

\

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
Are you going to remove the OEM GT bubble?

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,462 Posts
I would tell you to put one of the aftermarket hoods on. All the hood clearance you want. there are several styles:

My car:

A loose test fit

Here are other styles:

Opels Unlimited sells a Corvette L88 hood, I think with the insert already installed. Much larger than the little one you are trying to use.

·
Opeler
1,303 Posts
Nope...I will keep the OEM GT bubble
If it were me, and I know it’s not my car, I think I’d go 2 routes:

1) incorporate the hood bubble for the scoop (center it, make it larger to fit your needs) and retain the opel bubble look
2) delete it and just use the new style of scoop alone

With the bubble on there and another scoop added, it seems too busy. But that’s just me

Eric

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I have to agree with Eric ( just my opinion) but as it is pictured now it just looks out of place. Like it doesn't belong.
Maybe a slightly larger smoother streamlined not so high version would look better.
I understand it has a purpose so functionality comes first then aesthetics
Again just my opinion.
Of course not having your vision of it as a finished product ( sealed and painted) is a problem for my eye balls LOL

·
Opeler
88 Posts
My thought is to go with the first photo , but add another OEM bubble on the drivers side which will give balanced look..

·
Registered
Opel GT, SR20 engine
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all the inputs, I will re-evaluate my plans for the hood scoop. By the way, I like the Sci-Fi guys post especially the white with green racing stripes

·
Opeler
942 Posts
If it were me, and I know it’s not my car, I think I’d go 2 routes:

1) incorporate the hood bubble for the scoop (center it, make it larger to fit your needs) and retain the opel bubble look
2) delete it and just use the new style of scoop alone

With the bubble on there and another scoop added, it seems too busy. But that’s just me

Eric
I like #1. Somebody did that with their v6 conversion. Sorry, suffer from CRS syndrome. It's a blue GT and was at Carlisle this year.

·
Vendor
3,023 Posts
I'm glad you decided to keep the bump. To me, the three most iconic things about the GT (other than its svelte contours) are
1) rotating headlights
2) locking gas cap
3) hood bump

1 - 15 of 15 Posts