Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opeler
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ha,Ha,Ha. My horns sound like a screaming goat.Did they sound like that when new? I want to keep things original but, boy do they sound bad!! .Any thoughts On making them sound better?

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,705 Posts
LOL Sometimes you get some dirt or maybe rust inside that interferes with the vibrations. There may be a small screw on the side that you can adjust; it can be used to adjust the horn to optimum amplitude, and sometimes turning it back and forth loosen things up a bit.I just cannot recall right now if the Opel horns had this screw or not.

I have never tried to 'lubricate' a horn but that might help too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine was off too, turned out to be a bad connection on the horn itself.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
mine had the wrong horns altogether as soon as you turned the key those suckers lit up non stop. the P.O. put some aftermarket crap on that were dependent on 12 volts to go and used a the mounts as the ground. I think you know what I'm talking about. So we ripped those out and put in air horns LOL

·
Opeler
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine had the wrong horns altogether as soon as you turned the key those suckers lit up non stop. the P.O. put some aftermarket crap on that were dependent on 12 volts to go and used a the mounts as the ground. I think you know what I'm talking about. So we ripped those out and put in air horns LOL
Thanks, this did not help....hahaha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts