Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My horn doesn't work and I need to get the horn button off
from the steering wheel. How does that thing come off without
breaking it? Does it turn off or what?
Anybody know?;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's very simple to remove. Just pop it off by prying the horn button on one area gently with a screwdriver. It basically snaps on. There are three adjustment screws to move the brass coloured plate in or out . I hope you dont't have any trouble with the screws because I had some strip the threads in the column on me.

·
Opeler
160 Posts
Hope you don't find what I did. The horn contact parts are copper as stated. A ring with a spring loaded wiper. On my GT the copper ring was worn through in the wheel straight position causing no contact. See if yours works if you turn the wheel from straight. If so, bet it's the same cause. Otherwise the previous posts give great tips!
Anybody out there know of a good fix for mine?
:confused:
Burst

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
new ring and pin

The wiper pin and copper ring can both be replaced. I think I have 5-10 of the copper rings, but the pins are a bit trickier. I know I have at least a couple of used ones, so I'll double check everything tommorrow when I get off the mid shift and let you know.

·
Opeler
160 Posts
WOW,
That would be fantastic! What would it take to liberate one from you, an arm, leg?
Thanks OldOpelGuy!
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.