Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys had tried chemical stripping on your projects and if you could recommend any of the companies doing it? I'm in line for the RediStrip in Columbus OH but they have me on a waiting list that they say will be two or more months before they can even give me a date for the process. They are really slow and I can see this dragging on for 6 months just to get a body dipped. I'm in Ohio but could easily drive to PA, KY, IL,. Thanks

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Just like Chromers, slow is a good thing. The fact that they are backed up so far will attest to how good they are.

You might find the same thing else where.

I ran into the same thing while trying to get some parts rechromed.

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, that's one theory. I used this outfit last year to clean a frame and they do good work. But they have gotten into more industrial type work and are less inclined to do the auto work. I don't want to wait a couple of months to be told it will be a couple of months more before they can get it in and then a month or two to do the work. I'm just looking for more options.

Just a note here: I did find another stipper in Cincinnati, OH for those who might be looking for one. He said two weeks to get the work done and no waiting list at present. American Metal Cleaning of Cincinnati. I'll give you guys a report after I have the work done. I'm getting the bed of a 1950 Willys Pickup truck dipped.

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've only had a frame for the 50 willys dipped so far and it was 350.00 in Columbus, the business in Cincinnati quoted me 275.00 to dip the bed of the same truck. I'd guess a car the size of the GT would be in the 350.00 range but that's just a guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts