Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK.. Short story.. Dickinson College moved their graduation to the same weekend as Carlisle and our old Hotel was booked.

Yes there is a thread, BUT the actual info is hard to find buried 3 pages back.. SO This a EASY to find all the info post.

There are TWO hotels :

#1 - $139 ( Refundable until March 15th )

Holiday Inn Express
Harrisburg SW - Mechanicsburg
6325 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 17050

$139 a night ( Now right now a better NON-Refundable price can seem to be had by going to the Holiday Inn Website or Hotels.com )

We have 10 rooms Queen / 10 Rooms King and a Hospitality room.

CALL 1-717-790-0924 to reserve with code Opel Club - Option 0 ( You need to talk to the hotel to get the rate and the room )

As the First Hotel would only hold 20 rooms, and wants us to reserve 2 months ahead of time.. I found a Hotel #2 Option.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Harrisburg West
2055 Technology Pkwy.
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 US

We have 30 rooms reserved there.

With this one you can register online..

https://www.hiexpress.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=EX&localeCode=en&regionCode=1&hotelCode=MDTES&_PMID=99801505&GPC=OMC&cn=no&viewfullsite=true

$137, and this one we have the rooms until April 20th..

That gives us 50 reserved rooms which is good as it would seem like there are going to be very few options for the last minute people to reserve.

Hotel #1 - Reserve by March 15

Hotel #2 - Reserve by April 20 ( If you are reserving late.. )

Both Hotels are about the same quality, cost and on the same side of town.

Dinner location and such will come later. But will have a flyer at the show with all the details on that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Holiday Inn

Hi. I am a newbie and a local to the Carlisle area. Your Hotel #2 is in a good location. It is about 15 miles from the Fairgrounds. I always use route 944 to go to Carlisle Fairgrounds. It is a nice country road, although it is getting busier, and you come into Carlisle from the north and avoid driving thru Carlisle entirely.

I see you are considering using Allenberry for your 2021 event. That is a very nice country location with a famous trout stream at the back of the property. We used to have car shows and club events there. It was sold a few years ago. There have been much needed upgrades but the prices have also gone up a lot. It looks like the rooms start at $200 a night. Maybe you can get a better deal?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Holiday Inn

Hi. I am a newbie and a local to the Carlisle area. Your Hotel #2 is in a good location. It is about 15 miles from the Fairgrounds. I always use route 944 to go to Carlisle Fairgrounds. It is a nice country road, although it is getting busier, and you come into Carlisle from the north and avoid driving thru Carlisle entirely.

I see you are considering using Allenberry for your 2021 event. That is a very nice country location with a famous trout stream at the back of the property. We used to have car shows and club events there. It was sold a few years ago. There have been much needed upgrades but the prices have also gone up a lot. It looks like the rooms start at $200 a night. Maybe you can get a better deal?
Sounds like something to look forward to for 2021. I finally booked The Holiday Inn #1 on Carlisle Pike on Trivago for $120/ nite plus tax & fees so about $140 all in......See you all there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts