Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard it is hard to find parts for the opel ignition..ogts said
I had to mail it in for a rebuild..that could take days...and with this good ,dry fall.I need some time with celeste on the road.

is there a way that I can bypass the stock ignition and wire in a

stock switch of some form ,somewhere untill I can locate the proper opel
parts?

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
from what i have picked up from the forums, most people convert to a push-button starter, easy to get at a racing shop or something of the sort

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Bucky, a quick and dirty way to bypass the ignition switch, is to get a horn button from your local auto parts store, they will carry the amps for the starter solenoid. If your ignition switch powers the circuits in the "ON" position, all you'll need is the horn button. To wire it in, take the solenoid power wire, hook it up to one side of the horn button, and hook up the other side of the horn button to one of the 4 nuts in the fuse panel, preferebly one that is only hot when the key is in the "ON" position. If your ignition switch does not power the other circuits, I would suggest that your get one from your local auto parts store and wire it in as per the instructions that should come with the switch until you can get yours rebuilt by OGTS. That way you'll have a locking key for the ignition vice a toggle switch that ony one can turn on and drive away.

Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts