Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about everyone who thinks that they have gotten at least a few hundred dollars worth of info on this site donating $20? I'm pretty tight with my money but I've probably learned a LOT more than I've contributed to this site and saved a few dollars along the way learning from others experiences.

Thank Tru Craft for my $20 since he made me realize I need to throw in a little financial support for this site.

Gary,

How about making a list of financial supporters and maybe everyone will want to get their names on the list? The amounts probably aren't as important as it is for everyone to contribute. Remember the old cliche', "There is no "I" in team".

Harold

·
Administrator
10,377 Posts
Harold, Thanks for the donation and the kind comments.
...How about making a list of financial supporters and maybe everyone will want to get their names on the list? The amounts probably aren't as important as it is for everyone to contribute. Remember the old cliche', "There is no "I" in team".
I have been tossing around the idea of giving site supporters a special status with a unique icon and a higher level of site access like a PM storage increase or more space for pics. Just need to find the time to work it out.

P.S. I tried posting this same message on the site tip forum and couldn't find it so if any of you great moderators finds the duplicate posting and want to delete it and my confession acknowledged here please fill free to do so and this horrible run on sentence. :D
Site Tips forum is a moderated forum where posts need to be approved before they are published. ;)

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Donation ..

You mean to say there are members who think this site runs itself and have not seen the Paypal Donation position on the Right Hand Side of the Home Page ??

Click! Donate! - Pay later on your Credit Card ... :yup:

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
How can we donate to the cause??
on the home page ,right hand side, 3rd box down , "support opelgt.com" and pay in with a paypal acc like you use on e-bay ,
if you need to open an acc then go to your home countrys e-bay and it will have a link to pay pal for your country (this works for any member in any country where e-bay opperates )

·
Non Civilian
2,102 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
5,139 Posts
I went to a show today, and while sitting around shooting the breeze I mentioned the fact that it was time for me to donate to this site. I will be doing just that very shortly. I appreciate all the help and information I get here, and tip my hat to Gary, this is a great place for all us Opelers:thanks:

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
For those who wish to "Donate To The Cause", but may be frugal like me, here's what I do, and this is only a suggestion. I PayPal Gary an amount every 3 months, it's not a bunch, but at the end of the year it seems to be a reasonable amount for the information and friendship I've acquired over the past years. Whether you donate or not is up to you and your conscience. One thing I would like to see, and I've mentioned it to Gary before, is some kind of indicator that shows the annual cost to maintain the site, so that we who donate could get an idea if we need to send him more to keep the site updated and user firendly. If we happen to go above the required amount, no big deal, Gary spends an inordinate amount of time keeping the site up and running as it is. So any renumeration above what is needed is well spent IMHO. I personally don't need any recognition for the donations I've made, but others may, some folks need that for personal gratification. That's just the way it is in human behavior.

·
long time Opeler
289 Posts
I would be more than happy to help support this site. I'm still considered a newcomer by some standards( all though I am a long time opeler) I have had more than $20 worth of pure fun on this site. I belong to a few other Auto Club sites, and we all help support the E-Clubs. I just want a sticker I can put on my car. We have them on the BMW site. How about it? Were do I send my money?

·
Super Moderator
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I personally don't need any recognition for the donations I've made, but others may, some folks need that for personal gratification. That's just the way it is in human behavior.

I agree with you but was thinking that some people might look at the hopefully long list of contributors and think "dang everyones name is on there but mine, I need to anti up." Before Opelwasp twists it, others could look at it that everyone has put in money, "me" don't need to. :D

Harold

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Harold, you're correct but then there are some that might feel slighted because they weren't able to give at this time. Gary'll get something figured out. Hey, a thank you is all I need. Which I've gotten too, BTW. Gotta say again, Great site, Great people. Jarrell

·
Super Moderator
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just want a sticker I can put on my car. We have them on the BMW site. How about it? Were do I send my money?
I don't like stickers on my cars but it might get more members if we were advertising for GT.com on our cars. Especially if mine ever gets out in public. :banghead:

Quote from Baz, "on the home page ,right hand side, 3rd box down , "support opelgt.com" and pay in with a paypal acc like you use on e-bay ,
if you need to open an acc then go to your home countrys e-bay and it will have a link to pay pal for your country (this works for any member in any country where e-bay opperates )"

Harold

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
I would be more than happy to help support this site. I'm still considered a newcomer by some standards( all though I am a long time opeler) I have had more than $20 worth of pure fun on this site. I belong to a few other Auto Club sites, and we all help support the E-Clubs. I just want a sticker I can put on my car. We have them on the BMW site. How about it? Were do I send my money?
dean i think the only member who was making bumper stickers is no longer available on the internet (he may be making things to go on a bumper but not the stickers :) )
why not ask in a new thread if any one could get them made and sold to members :veryhappy or see about it your self and sell through the ads section with a % going to the site for upkeep :D

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Logo

Since our 'members' are so widely spread making up bumper stickers or decals and distributing them by snail mail would be a major task.
Surely we can come up with an on-line graphic that can be downloaded or emailed to contributors who could then laser print or get it locally produced for themselves - Possible??

·
1970-GT
1,242 Posts
I don't think we need anything in return for donating.
If everyone dropped at least a $20 bill in the hat, that should help Gary.
Damn, just one tech tip has saved me more than that!
Add up the money we have saved keeping are Opel's running with the help from this site.
For me, the time saved is even more important!
Kid, house, yard, ex-wife, girl friend, work, bill's, taxes, house repairs...........:ugh:
At least I know if I come to this site I will get help with my GT, and all it costs is a "Thank you".

Gary, maybe you should start a site to help us with our other life problems!!!
My lawn has weeds and dead spots, any ideas????
:lmao:
Lyle

·
long time Opeler
289 Posts
Having some kind of window sticker. Has always been a big Club favorite and also serves notice to everyone out there. It also puts out the word that such a club exists. I've found from the other clubs, people are more inclinded to give money for something like that. It's just an idea to help with funds and advertise the Site. It's how I found about one of the BMW sites I belong to.

I will spearhead this. First I'd like some ideas of a sticker logo. And then maybe we can vote on the choices. Then I can out source the making of them. I can make sure that they get shipped. I'm not so sure I want to do the money exchange, maybe once payment has been made, (via papal through the site) I can be notified and then shipped. Just shooting out some ideas. Anyone?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Here's a pic of the window decal made by one of our members last year. IIRC, he sent a bunch to Gary, for the purpose already stated. IDK if Gary has any left, the one in the pic I screwed up placing it on the window, by not having the window in the car and as you can see it's not symmetrical so I removed it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.