Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much can u fit into your GT, ive been finding this interesting when people say o you cant fit those people in ur car or u cant fit all that stuff in ur car. well last week i put two girls rouhly 150-175 each and 6 dominos pizzas and all my usally stuff taking up alll the space in the back, then i had two of my buddys offer me 10 bucks if i could drive um some where so i was like if you two can fit in that seat ill drive yah, and wha la they did, know for todays story i sub contract out to a clothing line i am there pick-up man, i take the company van which i usaully have access to and drive to lax and drive it back to torrance where there bussinues is well today they said no van but we still need u to get the delivery, so i was like ok i can do it, and they all said i was crazy well i show up to customs to pick up the boxes and i can make 2 of them fit behind the seats just barely then i had 2 boxes left well i was able to wedge one of them into the passenger seat area but i still had one box left, how to get it in my gt, well i tear open the box and start shovin stuff were ever it will fit and after about 15 minutes of tryng to make everyting fit it does, what have people on this site have to fit in there gt???

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
in my GT the most i've had is this as fallows:
Me: 150 lbs
girlfriend 140lbs
girls friend 180
sammy 220
4 school bags completely stuffed full, tool box and sweaters all in the back tray. 2 CD cases laying on the floor and a a case of oil on the other side of the floor. 2 bottles of gearlube behind one seat, and 2 gallons of antifreeze on the other side. totaled it up with people at 590 pounds and about 750 pounds in the car....man the poor thing was GUTLESS with all them people and junk in my car. ended up turning into a good scare, which is now a funny story, but i wont post on public boards, may get me in trouble later.

·
179 Posts
pvcar said:
...well last week i put two girls rouhly 150-175 each...
Those are some 'thick' girls. Sorry... don't have a story relating to the topic... just had to make a comment.

·
Opeler
160 Posts
Back in the 80's, I brought home my entire C-band satellite system in/on mine. All the electronics and misc. in the car, and the box with the parts for the 10' dish on the luggage rack. Also back in the 80's I would fill the back with cases of beer that I liked on trips back from my mothers house in AZ, back here to CA. It was not sold here in this state. They would look at me kind of funny at the agriculture inspection station in Needles.
:)
BD

·
Registered
214 Posts
One very large Neapolitan Mastiff (my answer for, "anti-theft mechanism").

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually the pizzas came into play because they were having a party down the street and the two girls were sent to go pick up the pizzas and i happened to be there wit my car and they were like hey wanna give us a ride, and i was like if u two can fit wit those pizzas ill drive yah .

·
Registered
29 Posts
the most i have ever had in my gt was me, around 200, and two of 4 of my firends, around 175 a piece. plus my spare tire, and two 10 in subs. i know that gts are low but man were we ever sitting lower ahahha
good times

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
The most was the long trip inventory list. I'm not sure of the weight but it was quite a bit.
Starter
Brake calipers
Alternator
2 distributors
wiper blades and arms
oil, brake fluid, tranny lube and antifreeze
Brake pads and shoes
All the spare hoses and belts
set of 4 tire chains
complete set of tools for an Opel
tent, camp stove and sleeping bags with matts
1 large cooler and one small one usually full
clothes to last 2 weeks for 2 people
1 cat with food and eating hardware
Me at about 150
wife at around 108
alot of music for listening

·
Opeler
117 Posts
One 455 Oldsmobile in the back seat (yea, I know there ISN'T a back seat in a GT) with room for a driver and passenger. HA!HA!

Swiss

Sorry guys, had to reply to this one.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
may have had more now, spare tire, tool box, 2 sets of clothes for 2 people, a 2.0CIH, 2 CD cases and 2 very oversized people to be in a GT, the poor thing is squating.

·
802 Posts
stuff

In 1970 I moved to florida, Me my wife and every thing we owned went in my gt,Of corse i hed a roof rack on the car, but we were just starting out in life :D

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
I think Jared "wins"! Here is a picture of the 2.0 in the back of his GT. The GT also carried Jared, his very tall cousin Steven, his tools, clothes and supplies the 375 miles to our house for the Opel Weekend.

Vickie

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts