Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
68' Kadett LS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello y’all!

Earlier this year I bought a 68’ Kadett and I absolutely love it. It’s always been a plan to modernize the car in the right spots to make it easier to get around and to be driven loads. That said I am also toying with the idea of reeeeaaallly pimpin’ out this car, more power engine (and all it entails), brakes, suspension and I’m inclined to pump it out aesthetically as well. Wider everything and what have you.

Soo my question is basically, ‘What’s the most pimped out Kadett B you’ve seen’? I’ve seen C’s and D’s but not many B.
I know it would be a huge project a lot of custom fittings and the whole shabang

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,805 Posts
I don’t know what has been done but you can always come up with your own wide body. I think for reliability and more performance, I’d take the drive train from something easy to buy in your country as a donor. Maybe you use a Volvo as a donor? Or a newer Opel.

·
Opel Key Master
5,336 Posts
I would have to say the most exotic....(1999 wants "Pimped" back)....was an orange or tangerine colored Kadett that was made into a wide body and sat on an Astra if I recall. Dieter may have pictures of it somewhere, it was quite impressive, but I wondered about what the finishing touches were going to be, like glass being made and such. He goes by G.v.Mainberg on the site. I recall us talking about it

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,702 Posts
I've got 1000's of Opel pics in all sorts of categories with the emphasis on modification. But I don't recall what a Kadett B looks like exactly.

Can someone post a pic of a typical one, so I know what to look for/

·
Can Opeler
3,683 Posts
I've got 1000's of Opel pics in all sorts of categories with the emphasis on modification. But I don't recall what a Kadett B looks like exactly.

Can someone post a pic of a typical one, so I know what to look for/
Shame on you Gordo lol
There’s a guy you may know that drives one. His name is Charles Goin. Ring a bell? Lol

Also knorm65 is working on one.

·
Opel Key Master
5,336 Posts
Shame on you Gordo lol
There’s a guy you may know that drives one. His name is Charles Goin. Ring a bell? Lol

Also knorm65 is working on one.
He is referring to the cool version of the car, not the sedan or small engine versions....lol

Attachments

·
Can Opeler
3,683 Posts
He is referring to the cool version of the car, not the sedan or small engine versions....lol
Boo! I’ll take a 1.1L automatic wagon with AC before I get a Rallye:p

I almost bought a 67 1.1 with AC actually…

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,702 Posts
These wheel flares are currently the only body kit parts our main parts supplier offers:

I just went and looked at the Lenk website, who make most of the body kit stuff we can get, and they list NOTHING for the Kadett B. Whether you could mod later C air dams and stuff, I don't know.

Here's an idea: Get huge rear tires and go for the dragster look:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
14,151 Posts
I admittedly have very few Kadett B photos as they weren’t particularly raced a lot in the US. Except drag racers…they liked the lightweight chassis a lot.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Car Vehicle Tire Hood Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

·
Super Moderator
14,151 Posts
A few more.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Vehicle Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
14,151 Posts
Here's another idea: Since the Datsun B210 was basically a copy of a Kadett, try looking for B210 body kit stuff.

Here's a later Kadett with some cool stuff on it. Since they are both fairly flat-sided cars, it shouldn't be to hard use wheel flares from later Kadetts or other maker's cars.
That is a Manta A chassis Gordon. Heavily modified, but definitely Manta A

1 - 20 of 46 Posts