Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,505 Posts
Was this the white Kadett you brought to High Point on a trailer and we ran it up and down the street?
Yessir!

Dieter

·
Registered
The Young One
530 Posts
I admittedly have very few Kadett B photos as they weren’t particularly raced a lot in the US. Except drag racers…they liked the lightweight chassis a lot.

View attachment 439100
View attachment 439101
View attachment 439103
View attachment 439104 View attachment 439107
View attachment 439108
View attachment 439109
View attachment 439106
View attachment 439105
View attachment 439102
I really like the drag station wagon that is very cool.

I have to say I think a 4speed 1.9L rally would be very cool.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,689 Posts
Hmm....interesting. The GT Lenk wing fits a Kadett, but the feet are farther apart. I noticed that Lenk wings have plugged up bolt holes farther spaced out. Now I know what they were for.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I am confused. Going to show my ignorance here. Isn't Kyler's 67 a Kadett A? Isn't 68 the first year of Kadett B?

They are very nice looking cars from the factory IMHO. There is no reason to go exotic. Clean lines, and perfectly proportioned.

And yes, that red Rallye is the bomb.

·
Can Opeler
3,669 Posts
I am confused. Going to show my ignorance here. Isn't Kyler's 67 a Kadett A? Isn't 68 the first year of Kadett B?

They are very nice looking cars from the factory IMHO. There is no reason to go exotic. Clean lines, and perfectly proportioned.

And yes, that red Rallye is the bomb.
1966-1967 (especially until 67 1/2) were a bit special but still Kadett B. Mine has a Kadett A engine though!

·
Registered
68' Kadett LS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I see that "ripmasterflex" hasn't chimed in since he started the thread and we're just posting to each other.

Hey, Rip Man, give us some input.
Oye! thank you all for the feedback, and dope as pictures! soo many more than I was able to find myself on the google!

Talking pure looks this is pretty close to what I had in mind, tho I would probably take it a couple steps further aswell! apperantly loads of crazy stuff can be done scrolling through!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

I really like the wider wheels and black mudflaps + the detail of paiting some of the chrome black. I would love to put on a bit a lip in the front and a duck tail in the rear on mine aswell!

And in the style of pimpin (yes im sticking to it the nineties cant have it back) theres soo much to do inside and under the hood, soo to speak, aswell! Getting drivetrain axles that are easy to come across was a really good idea, im in Norway soo volvo might be a heckin good idea cause they are everywhere. Looking at different engines andtransmission. (?)20xe looks like a really popular engine for these cars? also saw a couple folks that have managed to fit some V6's :O ?!

Would welcome a ton of more feedback aswell! this is a great place indeedio!

·
Opeler
116 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,505 Posts
Oh those wheels!!! I saw one on Ebay a while back but couldn't figure out what car they originally came on and haven't been able to find any others to create a set.
I LOVE the wheels. BBS "Junior" in 15x7, with 205/50/15. I bought the set in the mid-eighties for 2,400 German Marks which was my gross income for 2 or 3 month.

Dieter

• Love
Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Opeler
116 Posts
I LOVE the wheels. BBS "Junior" in 15x7, with 205/50/15. I bought the set in the mid-eighties for 2,400 German Marks which was my gross income for 2 or 3 month.

Dieter
I saw this wheel a while back on Ebay. They called it an RS424. I haven't been able to find any details about whether it was an oem wheel on a different car or only an aftermarket bbs wheel.
this one looks same as your wheels but with different center cap.
Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Font Rim

• Love
Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,505 Posts
Afaik, they were never on any production car. I have seen the version with the different caps, but never ever saw a copy of the same caps that I received. BTW, I bought the wheels at Lenk Tuning in Germany back in the days.
The center "BBS" logo is actually a 3D-style "hologram" (not a real hologram), but I cannot describe it any better. It looks like it has depth when you look at it from different angles.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Dieter

21 - 40 of 46 Posts