Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opeler
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group, I found another Opel, sitting in driveway, under a tarp, 72 GT. I spoke to the owner who is wanting to sell it. It is not running, the rear-end is frozen and hasn't been driven in years. The body is pretty good, no rust that I found with one big "ouch" in the worst of places, right rear on the edge, including the rear moulding. Anyway, I offered him 500 bucks as is. He declined, countering to 1500. Mind you I already have 2 GTs and the wife would not be happy if I brought home a 3rd. I could get by with it for 500, but not 1500 or even 1000. The owner did say he thought we could work things out, whatever that means.
Any ideas on the value of this car? It is one of the "vinyl top" models and I did not see any bubbles or hear and weakness from tapping the roof.
If it is worth more than 500 bucks or 6, I'll post the address and give the list a shot at it.
thanks
oklaopel

·
Non Civilian
2,100 Posts
500 eh? you are too kind. its amazing how some people think their sitting on a gold mine or something. 500 is a fair price, any more and youll probly be getting screwed.

·
1,875 Posts
Keep in mind that you can buy an Opel GT in GOOD shape and drivable for 2500 or so. Now factor in all that you would need to do to it, and let the guy put it under the tarp for another 10 years!

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
I bought my 2nd Opel w/ no seats, 30% rusted floor pan (no prob), a 3 inch 1/2" dent in the F.L. fender ridge and perfect glass for $150. It sounds like the PO has no idea about the value. Tell him to pose a question on this forum! It would be better to teach him, than to let the GT rust away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.