Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Opeler
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to start a production of 100 units of door trim (and maybe also front and rear windows). how much do you think is a fair price ???
I think that the price of 120 euro for this item at the site "goin' manta" is way expensive !!!
by the way, the door trim will be just like the original.

p.s. I am parting out 1972 manta 1600cc automatic. it doesn't have driver side door, trunk door, deshboard but all the rest parts in good condition. If anyone here wants a fender (wing) or a motorhube can contact me via private MSG, the prices are very cheap but I am from Israel so the shipping a little bit more expensive ...

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
redroze, I'd get the price of mfg when completed and add 100%. I assume your are doing this to help Opelers, and for personal gain, which I can understand. So, if it cost $10 (US) to make, sell for $20. If you can make a complete trim kit for $100, sell for $200 (+SH). You'd sell gobs of them, make a fair profit and fill a expandable nitch in the market. :eek: Who knows how much you could earn!
Just my 2c's.

·
Opeler
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old Hippie said:
redroze, I'd get the price of mfg when completed and add 100%. I assume your are doing this to help Opelers, and for personal gain, which I can understand. So, if it cost $10 (US) to make, sell for $20. If you can make a complete trim kit for $100, sell for $200 (+SH). You'd sell gobs of them, make a fair profit and fill a expandable nitch in the market. :eek: Who knows how much you could earn!
Just my 2c's.
my personal gain from this won't be serios. making the rubber will cost few euro, the problem is to make the profile (from an original rubber). the profile must be order in special order and it's a little expensive.
I just wanna check if there's demand for this rubber.
Here in Israel our local coin is Shekels and not euro. because all europe uses euro (except england) and here we use shekels (the euro is very expensive coin then the shekel) so it will be very cheap to produce the rubber here in Israel ...

david, I'll check the condition of the cly' head. you can talk with me via private MSG.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
If you can save me and the Opel community that would be great. My prices have gone up over 30% and profit to nothing because of the Euro. To get my parts from Europe usually costs me about $200 in shipping and then $200 in dealing with the brokers, etc.. its nuts. Which I have to add to the costs.

If you can make the front and rear rubber for under $45, and sell it for $95 that would be great. let me know how it goes.

The vertical rubber that goes on the B-pillar is a formed piece and fairly hard to reproduce from what I have been told. But if you can do that one too or the vertical rubber inster for the door frame that would be great too.

Email me, I would like to work with you.

Charles

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
OH an do you have someone that can reproduce big rubber parts? I am trying to find someone to do the front bumper rubber for our 74-75 US cars. So far no luck on anything under $75 each and I have to order 50 or more.

Thats where the real problem lies.. First orders can tend to be less than 20 of any item. If you don't put a decent profit in the first pieces you will be left with a lot parts you will not be able to sell for a while and thus have to eat the investment for a long time coming.

I do Manta parts to help the cars and owners, not because I make a profit at it.

Charles

·
Opeler
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GoinManta said:
OH an do you have someone that can reproduce big rubber parts? I am trying to find someone to do the front bumper rubber for our 74-75 US cars. So far no luck on anything under $75 each and I have to order 50 or more.

Thats where the real problem lies.. First orders can tend to be less than 20 of any item. If you don't put a decent profit in the first pieces you will be left with a lot parts you will not be able to sell for a while and thus have to eat the investment for a long time coming.

I do Manta parts to help the cars and owners, not because I make a profit at it.

Charles
Charles, talk with me via MSG or email.
I didn't understand what kind of part you need but I can always try to help !!!
I have a friend with a big rubber factory, send me a picture of the part you want and I'll check first if he can help us.
I also don't wanna make profit, I just wanna help other manta owners ...

I still have some problems with my manta restoration. as soon as I finish my restoration (it will take a month or two) I'll have some time to check about the door trim reproduction ...
meanwhile, you are all welcome to check out pictures of my manta restoration:
http://www.classiccar.co.il/restora...פרויקט שיפוץ אופל מנטה A שנת 1975&fldauto=692
the site is in hebrew, hope you won't have problems with it ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts