Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know how tall a person can fit in a GT? I relly want to get my first Opel, but I have problems fitting into smaller cars like Miata's or MR2's becouse I am 6'6". Need to know if I can fit. Alfo are there any Oplers in Florida. Let me know if you can .Thanks

·
Certified Opelholic
1,470 Posts
talked to a guy when i went to a Junk yard some years back

he was at least 6'6" he told me how he loved his GT

The Opel is one of the few small cars that a tall person can fit into.

HTH
Davegt27

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im 6'2" and I don't have any problems inside the car getting out, I do hit my head on the way out from time to time. But I can write that off as being a clutz :D

·
Über Genius
9,354 Posts
6'6" will be no problem assuming you are built proportionately. At 6'0 I still have 4" of travel left on my seat and a good 4" of head room. The worstt hing you might need to do is to get a lower profile seat.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
my brother is 6'4 and has no problem getting in my gt. getting out he has some trouble, but nothing to bad. he weighs 195lbs. im at 6'0 and haven't had any trouble getting in or out. i think you could fit... good luck on getting your opel.

·
1,973 Posts
im 6'0" and theres still plenty of room

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
you may find that with the seat all the way back, and reclined slightly, that there will be plenty of room. the car is deceptively large inside.

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
My first question is; have you sat in one? That will be the only way you can tell. They are a lot smaller than most of the cars out today, both for length and width.

As far as size goes, I'm 6'6" and have driven GT's since 1979. I'm now up around 280 lbs, so the fit is tighter.

My son is 6'8" and has no trouble in the car. (Yes, Bucky, he has grown another 3 inches since you last saw him.)

The leg space is great and the seatbacks are laid back as far as the back deck will allow.

Of course, with a helmet on for SCCA courses, you will need to scrunch down some.

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
You should see the grocery bill! :eek:

Maybe one or two of them will go pro in some sport and that will be my retirement?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I am 6'6" 320 lbs very wide shoulders and thick thighs, size 13 shoe. I can drive either auto or stick . I had to move the drivers arm rest up and back on the door panel to give me leg room for long road trips. but other thatn that I have no problem,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts