I moved this to the "Engine Performance" forum (the GT forum is ONLY for items that aren't better suited to one of the Technical Forums). Have a look around; there are some great threads here on the topic. Read ALL of RallyBob's threads (that could take most of the winter!). Especially read:
There isn't a real quick answer, and turbocharging is CERTAINLY not one of the easiest, nor most cost effective, solutions. And ANY of the solutions will cost $$. With increasing costs for decreasing returns.
As Dave (nobody) has asked, what is the status of your current engine:
1) Carb: Solex or Weber, 32/36 DGAV or 38 DGAS, or SSD (Single Side Draft) 45 DCOE, or Twin Side Drafts 40DCOE's or DCOM's?
2) Engine: Low or high compression pistons? Stock diameter or oversize (can get 2.0 litres with bigger pistons)? Stock crank or "stroked" (can get 2.4 litres with big pistons and stroked cam
3) Head: Stock or higher lift/longer duration cam? Stock valves or oversize?
4) Ignition: points or electronic (Pertronix or Crane or ?)
5) Intake: Stock filter or K&N or pancake? Cold air intake or hot? Stock or ported? Radical or "street"? Margarine or butter (just checking to see if you are still paying attention!)
I am being a bit facetious about some of the questions, because you clearly don't have a 2.4 with twin DCOE's and a high lift cam and roller rockers. As you can see, the sky (and the cost) is the limit.