Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone attempted to fit one to a Manta or Ascona? Just curious what you did for linkage and such.

Charles

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
moved to clutch section

i did it the lazy way once and build a bracket to carry a master cylinder and mounted it in front of the rad with a pull action from the clutch cable(cable came in under the M/C and pulled a lever to work the M/C piston ) then ran a pipe to the slave in the bell housing worked great and it kept the gt body work stock, if i can find it i will post a pic later today charles

you would need to work below the brake pedal swivel to make a pushrod work if you want to mount it on the firewall

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that was one option I was thinking of.. I think I will go get a few off cars at the pick-a-part and start playing.

Another reason to get the cars from GA, is if I had a beater I could cut up and play with. before modifying the Mantissan. Which lareyad has be restored to a point then that would be best.

Charles

·
Registered
616 Posts
charles, did you (or anyone else) ever get a hydraulic clutch rigged up in a manta/ascona? if not i'm going to start on it soon with the parts i have from a B2200

1 - 4 of 4 Posts