Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
In Germany on the Ascona (72) which came in the 1.9 the 1.6 and the little one which they called a 1.2 I believe they had the same gearing.

Also the 1970 commedore has a posi rear end that was suposed to be able to swap over but only with 367 gears.

Someone need to make insted of a "castles of germany" tour "the boneyards of germany tour"...... I wonder how the girlfriend would take that....

we can us all the assorted engine parts (like cheap 2.4 cranks) the posi rear ends and the ATS wheels at 15 DM apiece.

sanding outside today in balmy 40 degree weather here in STL.

C

·
Super Moderator
14,151 Posts
calvin said:
we can us all the assorted engine parts (like cheap 2.4 cranks) the posi rear ends and the ATS wheels at 15 DM apiece.
Man, I wish that were true. But anything from Germany is expensive, even used parts. I've bought stuff from Germany, Sweden, Italy, France, and England. England is where it's at for low cost Opel/Vauxhaul parts. No such thing as a cheap 2.4 crank anywhere, the engines are still too new, plus you need the pistons and rods to go with it!

But if you know what models to look for, some stuff is cheap. Like a 1.6 litre Manta with the optional 3.89 rear w/limited slip, etc.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts