Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Get that flywheel, clutch assembly, transmission, drive shaft etc. out & pop it in your GT😎. Probably just the GT throttle linkage seized up you may have a good carb. See what year the cylinder head is, hopefully it’s already been replaced years ago. My 72’ head went right off the bat at 60k (I think it was already cracked when I bought it, just waiting to go) LOL. That’s a good bargain you got. You got a nice windshield, gas cap & lots of fun ahead. Love the soundtrack on the short video.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
You’ll want to see what year the cylinder head is to determine its worth. 71’ seems to be the most desirable year. Picture courtesy of one of Rallybob’s earlier posts.

Tire Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Sounds like you have the good one! Take a picture of the year that you’re looking at. The 72’ head probably went years ago if it was the later one. Odds are you’re in good shape. Sorry if it’s on the video I haven’t watched it yet

Edit

I did watch your video just now, didn’t catch the number but remembered that I re posted a picture of the year from an earlier forum post. If that’s what it says on yours you’re good to go

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
71’s are sought after cylinder heads. If you do that 2.0 conversion go with the 1.9 exhaust valves and install the 2.0 intakes. I wished I had done mine that way. Rally Bob just posted something on that subject of the good years of the CIH engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts