Opel GT Forum banner
201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
The Young One
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
I worked On the opel yesterday!

So the other day my grandpa put the opel in the nice barn with his other cars so the opel is now with some sportscars.
Building Tire Automotive design Automotive tire Comfort

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

We got some 2 inch exhaust pipe to go over the rear axle. It was already bent since it was off a john deere combine and it fit very nice!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Vehicle

Then we got the resonater(or gasspack) that was on my grandpa's spitfire and we drilled two holes on the side of it for the dual exhaust. Then I welded those pipes all the way. My welds weren't that great because my grandpa neded to trun the heat up on the welder. Then I welded two bolts to the pipes.
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Flooring Automotive tire
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Automotive tire Wood Safety glove Bumper Python

Then we drilled two holes in the resonator bracket so we can bolt the resonator to the bracket so it will be very easy to take on and off. Then we drilled a third hole in the glasspack for the pipe that goes over the axle, We also capped the glasspack off at both sides. Then we put it all together and started it up, and realized we ran out of gas. Then it started smoking very bad because we forgot to hook up the choke wire. We put some more trans fluid in it and I drove it around.I even got to drive in the field!!

The exhaust is a lot quieter but it has the same ton as just the glasspack. When I was driving it wide open in the field At like 5,000-6,000rpm it gets so loud and sounds like a mix between a rally car and a sportbike. It also is very fast too.I was not expecting it to hit 50 mph so fast! I kind of freaked out my grandma because she Was scared I was going to crash since I was going so fast. Then I did some drifts around a turn and that was so much fun. Now I know why opels are so much fun to drive!!

I had this all on my gopro so youtube videos are coming soon. You guys just would't believe how good it sounds!

Thanks Sam

·
Registered
The Young One
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I got some parts in the mail today! Thank you so much krewzer! I got a weber 40 DCOE, Intake manifold, big valve head with pontiac springs and 1.85 in for the intake and 1.5 for the exhaust. It also has hardened seats. I also got 2 rear bumpers and bumperettes, a blitz emblem, a ashtray, a heat shield, a plastic shroud for a 4 speed, and a few bolts and hardware. Here are some pictures.
Tool Bumper Kitchen utensil Hand tool Metal

Automotive tire Grey Road surface Asphalt Font

Bumper Audio equipment Gas Electronic device Auto part

Audio equipment Automotive exhaust Gas Auto part Metal

Bumper Musical instrument accessory Tool Gas Automotive exterior

Musical instrument Gas Auto part Audio equipment Electronic instrument

Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gas Electronic device

Automotive engine gasket Audio equipment Gas Auto part Circle

Bumper Gas Font Automotive exterior Cable
Bumper Gas Flooring Automotive tire Wire

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I got some parts in the mail today! Thank you so much krewzer! I got a weber 40 DCOE, Intake manifold, big valve head with pontiac springs and 1.85 in for the intake and 1.5 for the exhaust. It also has hardened seats. I also got 2 rear bumpers and bumperettes, a blitz emblem, a ashtray, a heat shield, a plastic shroud for a 4 speed, and a few bolts and hardware. Here are some pictures.
View attachment 440294
View attachment 440293
View attachment 440290
View attachment 440291
View attachment 440295
View attachment 440289
View attachment 440287
View attachment 440288
View attachment 440292 View attachment 440296
Nice! Congrats

Are you sure they are 1.85" valves and not 1.72 ? The reason I ask is the intake valves look kinda small .

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
View attachment 440294
View attachment 440293
View attachment 440290
View attachment 440291
View attachment 440295
View attachment 440289
View attachment 440287
View attachment 440288
View attachment 440292 View attachment 440296
Santa came early this year 🎁😍

·
Über Genius
9,582 Posts
It's good to be a youngster. People give you stuff for free,
Wait til you're in your 50's. The last free thing I got (besides covid shots) was a colonoscopy.

201 - 209 of 209 Posts