Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found out on the shortest notice that i'm going to chicago and i'm leaving at noon. didnt know this until ten tonight, and the reason is to pick up my new GT. i know absolutely nothing about it, except its green with only rust in the drivers side rocker panel, nice black interior, been setting in a garage for 15 years. unsure of the year too, but if anybody sees a white 1 ton chevy dually pullin a green GT, it'll be me. i'll probably take the motor and transmission and put them into my 70GT, and take the new motor and clutch/trans and put them into my new one and if i get the ambition i'll swap the rear ends since mine has a limited slip. i'll give a description of the car when i get home and rested up, and give some pics if i can ever figure out how to load them.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got the GT yesterday, chicago is one crazy town when you live in the country all your life. first time i've ever even seen a toll road let alone been on one. anyway the GT was fairly described and i did take it. lot of little dents and dings from being used as a garage shelf for years and years, and the rocker its self was good, but the lower fender on the drivers side was the only place with rust. it was drivin 5-6 years ago, it was the guys moms first car and they gave it to him, so he drove it around the block when he was 13 and they hid the keys, never been driven since. motor turned over freely by hand and interior is very nice. has a wear spot on the drivers side carpet, small sunbeat spot on the seat by the head area and mice unfortunately got the headliner in 2-3 places. its a 71, not 72 as thought, frog green and its 100 percent complete and stock/origional down to the radio. i'll try to post pics for all to see later today, and i'd like to thank sean for telling me about this car and going to look at it for me, if it werent for him i'd still have a rusted/bondo-ed up 70GT.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
greensmurf..this car car was meant to be yours..frog green for the frog vette:D hope you get home safely

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after changing the ignition switches this morning and dumping 2 gallons of fuel in her, about 30 seconds of cranking and she fired and idled. carries 3 bars of oil pressure at a warm idle, so i think if i adjust the lifters the motor should be OK. clutch checks out just fine but i have one little problem, only have a hand brake to slow me down so chances are i'll be driving this weekend, and drive till the snow flies. then i will pull the motor out and just clean it up and give the car some new paint and tires. i will try to get pictures up on monday or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.