Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taking a couple minutes to write a love letter to my Weber. 💕💕❤

I replaced the Solex with the Weber sometime in the late 1980s and never looked back. Adjusted the mixture today for the first time in years and it still works like new. Only thing I've ever done to it was replace jets a few years ago as I live at 3,400 feet.

Autolite 2100 2-bbl on my 1972 AMC Javelin is another great carb.

I just love designs that work.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,389 Posts
Drove a 2.0 with one for 18 years and gazillions of miles. I could floor it all day and always get 25mpg. Loved the sound of the second barrel kicking in.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I'll second that I do love my 38 dges as well. Weber's really make great carburetor!

·
RunOpel
1,246 Posts
I would have to agree with you zippy7575, when I got my 71 Opel GT five years ago, the PO had replaced with a 32/36 Weber. Unknown when, but ever since I have had it, the carb has been wonderful. The only thing I have done was change the choke from water to electric. That was an improvement in my opinion, a lot less of hoses and I have been getting 32 mpg. Weber does make a great carburetor :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have to agree with you zippy7575, when I got my 71 Opel GT five years ago, the PO had replaced with a 32/36 Weber. Unknown when, but ever since I have had it, the carb has been wonderful. The only thing I have done was change the choke from water to electric. That was an improvement in my opinion, a lot less of hoses and I have been getting 32 mpg. Weber does make a great carburetor :)
Where did you get the parts to make that change? Sounds like a worthwhile one.

·
RunOpel
1,246 Posts
I got it from OGTS and it was really easy to install and remove those unnecessary water hoses :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts