Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Opeler
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of a radiator for my 72 GT. If anyone has one for sale and it's in working condition could you please let me know? I'm located in Orlando Fl. Thanks.

·
Vendor
2,899 Posts

·
Opeler
3,082 Posts
Several Owners have installed Honda radiators in their GT:

·
Opel Key Master
5,200 Posts
Several Owners have installed Honda radiators in their GT:
No benefit converting to this radiator than just getting the new aluminum ones. I converted my Honda Radiator back to the new GTS one and wish I never messed with it. It didn’t cool well, and that was before you could get direct fit radiators out of aluminum

·
Opeler
1,227 Posts
No benefit converting to this radiator than just getting the new aluminum ones. I converted my Honda Radiator back to the new GTS one and wish I never messed with it. It didn’t cool well, and that was before you could get direct fit radiators out of aluminum
Which one are you saying you wish you didn’t mess with? Which one didn’t cool well?

·
Opel Key Master
5,200 Posts
The Honda radiator was lousy in my opinion. Prior to reliable fit aluminum radiators, it was a decent option, but several mods and such to make it work. Now that the new correct fit aluminum radiators are available for the GT, it’s a no brainer to go that direction

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Are you looking for an original or after market/aluminum

·
Registered
915 Posts
I had mine triple cored at the radiator shop but costs in the neighborhood of $300. I think that the OGTS aluminum one was more back then because it had just come out. For $200 that’s a bargain now. Maybe they’ll get replenished soon🙂.

·
465 Posts
I wasn't happy with the Honda either. The one I had the one hose diameter was a little smaller and I had to take up the slack with two layers heat shrink tubing over plus the added work to make custom brackets much better to use OGTS

·
Opeler
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everyone that replied to my post. I got a phone call today and am able to get one locally. You guys are great out there and if I can ever be of service please let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts