Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I indtall a l-jetronic but i have no solution for the hose between the injection and the air flow unit. The origional hose don’t fit, it is to long and not flexible enough. On the internet i can find pictures, so I think there is a solution with an original hose. There are many articles but not one is telling what kind of hose they use, maybe one of the vw sirocco of golf 1. My quistion is have one of you experience with installing a l-ketronic and know which kind of hose i can use. Please let me know , I place the same question on the dutch forum but no reactions till now.

Attachments

·
Opeler
890 Posts
It's probably going in front of the radiator. Like Gordon's. He just needs to pipe down from the TB, so his intake tube can route through the radiator support.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goodmorning, thanks for your reactions! I appreciate this very much! I put some pictures , that I found on internet, as examples how other gt drivers solve this issue. You maybe recognize some clubmembers that use this also. Please let me know.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Engine

·
Über Genius
9,582 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goodmorning,
I was also looking on the site if there whas a solution mentioned on the site but it wasn’t. At least I couldn’t find it. This is the readsn that I put mine question on the forum. Stll hope someone give me an answer so that i have a solution.
Greeting from holland,

peter

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,879 Posts
Ebay is your friend. Search for "flexible cold air intake hose" in "Ebay Motors" and hundreds of them will come up in all sorts of sizes. I think the Jetronic uses a 2.5" hose at the throttle, but most cold air intakes are 3" and I think the AFM is 3", so you will need a reducer. "Spectre" is a common auto parts store brand that makes all sorts of cold air intake pipes and couplings. Here is a type that I use:

·
Super Moderator
14,289 Posts
I think the Jetronic uses a 2.5" hose at the throttle, but most cold air intakes are 3" and I think the AFM is 3", so you will need a reducer.
The 1.9 L-Jetronic throttle body is 66 mm OD, which equates to about 2.598”…a little under 2-5/8”.

Try as I might, I couldn’t find a 66 mm ID silicone connector hose in the US for my turbo ducting, so I ended up sleeving the throttle body with a piece of 2.75” aluminum tubing.

Perhaps in Europe it will be more readily available, who knows?

You just don’t want a vacuum leak between the AFM and the throttle body, or else it’s unmetered air and the engine will run lean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts