Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved the gas inlet on back of the car up 6" while doing the body work to allow for a rear spoiler, now I'm going to have to come up with some kind of flexible hose to go into the gas tank.
All the flexible hose I can get from Autozone, Carquest, etc...are to stiff to use. Does anyone know of anything I can use???
It looks like I need to have a 45 degree bend and then a 90 degree angle to get to the inlet pipe at the top of the tank (thats if I cut off the bend in the original inlet pipe)

Thanks,
Stanley

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Boat stuff

Try your local boat supply store/ marina. Almost every large boat with an inboard motor has a remote fuel filler connected to the tank via a ruber hose of some sort. The 1.5" stuff usually runs @ $30 a foot, but you wont need much.

Another option might be to use either exhaust pipe or electrical conduit. Conduit has rather large bends, but is dirt cheap at any Lowes or hardware store. Anyone who can weld body panels should be able to weld together chunks until the bends are right. The same could be done with Autodrone exhause pipe pieces. Exhaust pipe could also be bent-up by any good muffler shop, probably for less than $25.

I would also recommend getting some of the foil-type heat riser tubing and bending it into shape for a mock-up to copy so you don't have to be going to and from the car all the time. The muffler shop would definatly appreciate it.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts