Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Everywhere I look I see good parts GT's that are at risk of the horrible car cruncher. I have nightmares of all these good GT's haunting me, saying, "you could have saved us!" I don't understand why people are smashing these cars when so many of us would give them the 40 buck what they could get out of them for scrap. Would these same people that send these GT's to death also have the heart to crunch a 57 Thunderbird, a 55 chevy, or a model-T?!? they may be crazy enough ( Or else I'm the crazy one). I just bid on three GT's with money I would have to borrow from a friend, and have no where to put them. Anyone know a good shrink? -Opie

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
NO Cure!

There is no cure for Opelitis - and the only relief from it is to buy more Opels.
So get used to it! :D

Yes. People DO junk 57 T-Birds; 55-57 Chevys and near 20 million Model "T"s went somewhere .....
I don't doubt that even Ferraris have been junked - probably by jealous friends and partners ......... :confused:

Junked 37 tonnes of Studebaker stuff myself because the club members were too cheap to come up with the scrap value - at $60 a tonne - go figure.

·
Registered
213 Posts
those kind of junkyards in france are now being transformed into national parks. those that store much older cars though.

heres a picture of a rekord at the local opel junkyard in my town.
its in pretty good condition as far as i saw.. just missing engine and transmisson which should be pretty easy to get... but what can i do about it? i have enough problems storing and financing the manta, just can't afford to have another classic. :(

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts