Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Opel Gt 1.9 Automatic
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so I got my Gt yesterday. I was looking at the exhaust. The exhaust only had one muffler! Is that correct? Also The muffler doesn't look like this one from Opel GT source.
It looks like this oval muffler.

The tailpipe doesn't look like this either. It has no muffler where the dual pipes join, it is just a pipe connecting the pipes together.

Does anyone know what exhaust I have? Also it has the stock manifold on it.

Sam

·
Can Opeler
3,513 Posts
You almost certainly have an exhaust put together from scratch by an exhaust shop like most of the rest of us.

·
Opeler
870 Posts
Sam, congrats on your GT! A lot of GT owners, as well as car owners in general, have exhausts built by their local muffler shop. If you are hoping to have a completely stock GT, then you should look for the OEM exhaust components. For the rest of us, it's all about exhaust sound, and achieving the split tip look at the rear.
Wes

·
Registered
1969 Opel Gt 1.9 Automatic
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sam, congrats on your GT! A lot of GT owners, as well as car owners in general, have exhausts built by their local muffler shop. If you are hoping to have a completely stock GT, then you should look for the OEM exhaust components. For the rest of us, it's all about exhaust sound, and achieving the split tip look at the rear.
Wes
Yes I agree with you. Hopefully the exhaust is loud and it sounds great once we get it started. (y)Hopefully we can get it started.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts