Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retro
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 73 GT (US model) have identical number or chassis number on 3 different plates, but I can't find the number stamped in any metal-structure.

Someone out there who can tell me where to look?

·
583 Posts
There are only three VIN locations on Opels that amount to much; the door, the dash, and the engine cowling. The number next to the radiator is the chassis part number and does not relate to the VIN, neither does the engine number. The door may have been replaced at some time, so it may be gone.

Good luck,

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
hj the gt comes from a better time when there was less car crime so the numbers are on plates and stickers ,the locks are good enough to keep out honest people so
theres no mumber stamped on to the steel work

·
Opeler
38 Posts
Body Serial Number

The body for these cars was produced by another company, if I remember correctly, a company in France.
I found a body serial number under the body side door latch striker on the passenger side.

·
Kalifornia Kid
551 Posts
scarpash said:
The chassis number on the car is at the base of the windshield, near the wiper motor, it is a little bit covered by the hood gasket. Look at the picture.
This is my 1970 GT 1900
Obviously this number stamped in the sheet metal by the wiper motor
is quite rare on the Opel GT. I went & checked a bunch of GTs here, from
1969-1972 models & I did not find a single stamped chassis number on this
portion of sheet metal. Plus I know my 1973 April build GT does not have a
number here either.
I know Mantas & Asconas had chassis numbers on the cowl metal on the
passenger side. My 74 Manta started 57xxxxxx, and the Vin tag was
OL77NDxxxxxx. The last 6 digets matched.

Note: 1973 is when Opel adopted the GM vin coding system.

Dennis 73 Manta 73 GT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.