Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 2 Dellorto DHLA 45 carbs they came from a Nissan 2lt rally car and were refurbished prior to purchase.
They were to go on my GT but plans changed and they have been sitting in my spare parts of 4 years.
I have advertised them for sale but I have been asked are they C model.
Does anyone know what to look for?
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Auto part Machine Nut
Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car
Gas Machine Auto part Engineering Automotive design
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Rim Automotive exterior

·
Detritus Maximus
3,190 Posts
Can't see them in the pics, but one side of each carb says 'Dell'orto' and the other side has a model type and maybe a number. There might be a 'C' behind the number. If it is there, then I'd say it's a C, if not, then maybe not?

This may relate to the C having 6 progression holes and non-C having 3. I can't prove any of this, but this is what I have from stumbling around the internet.

Reactions: gt alex

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had a look one says dhla c, and the other just dhla.
Will this matter they came from a properly tuned race car, is there something else I should check before selling them?

·
Detritus Maximus
3,190 Posts
Honestly, I have no clue. So far I have found this:

Dellorto DHLA 40 Genuine service kit for 2 carbs, types H L N R - Eurocarb

Service kit for 2 Dell’orto DHLA 40 H, L, N & R carburettors.

For later emission control carburettors H, L, N & R which used a different pump diaphragm and stronger spring than the earlier carburettors.

DHLA40, with no suffix, C, E, F & G types use DHLASK . For Turbo DHLA40 use TurboSK

There apparently is a P type as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Detritus Maximus
3,190 Posts
Not finding much on 45s, most results are 40's. Found this :

The early carbs had no letter, but were highly tunable and had 3-progression holes. Suffix letters C, D, and E were later versions, yet still fully tunable and typically offered up to 5-progression holes and probably an air balance circuit. Later letters were emission carbs and are probably not suitable for Lotus applications

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There seems to be a mismatch, I counted the progression holes, the 45dhla c has 6 holes and the other has 3. They may have worked ok together but they are not a matched set so I will probably sell them separately. Thanks for the help.

·
Detritus Maximus
3,190 Posts
It was hard to find specific info on what the type differences are, but they do seem to be grouped. There are some referred to as 'tri jet' that have an idle jet, a main jet and a powerjet (for high rpm enfrichment) that seem to be for turbo models. And just like the DCOEs, there are some that are emissions versions.
In the rebuild kits, the non-lettered and C type use the same kits. An indication, but not definitive.

·
Detritus Maximus
3,190 Posts
Your welcome, I guess. Kind of messes up the sale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts