Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Detritus Maximus
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for those of you with more time and experience with the DCOEs...or OEM Weber applications in general.

I picked up a pair of 38s this week and I'm trying to identify what they were on originally. They are marked 38 DCOE1. numbered 410 and 412.

I've found a handful of OEM suffixs...the 59/60 was for a Ferrari 365 and the 400, as well. The 17 and 25 are maybe Renault and Lancia/Fiat.

I've seen a few Weber OEM listings, but none have shown a 38 DCOE1.

Anybody have ideas on where to look?

·
Can Opeler
3,764 Posts
Series one is pretty old. Late 50s and 60s carb.
It would have been on cars with around 1000cc.
Probably fiat powered 750cc and 1100cc formula junior race cars. There aren’t necessarily oem applications for these carbs.

I wouldn’t recommend putting them on your Opel unless you have a 1.1L. They won’t do well for a 1.9L

·
Detritus Maximus
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That fits with the story I got. They were removed from Fiat 1100 racer, but no info on if that was the initial use or pulled off something else.
The fact they are so close in numbering made me think they might have been for an oem multi- carb application...and hoping maybe they were unobtanium$$$$.

Have no fear, they were not bought for an Opel, I have several 40s for that. It was really a $50 purchase for cool desk paperweight or shelf 'art'.

·
Can Opeler
3,764 Posts
Cool! I made a good educated guess.
Yeah I’d buy them for that price too! It would be fun to do a dual DCOE 1.1L Opel someday:)

·
Detritus Maximus
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I need to find some manifolds for an 1100 dsd....

·
Detritus Maximus
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of them...needs cleaning.

Attachments

·
Detritus Maximus
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Brass throttle shafts, no shaft bushings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts