Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some talk that FCA (Fiat-Chrysler) and PSA (Peugeot Citroen) were looking at a merger of some type. A number of people here were expressing "displeasure" at OPEL being owned by Chrysler but is that bad? The link below, from Hemmings, presents a number of concept cars that Chrysler built in the 1990's and, personally, I think that design team could make an updated GT that would be at least as good as the concepts which came out of GM. That, of course, is JMHO! Take a look and see what you think! Don't bother to tell me that the design team is retired (or dead) and that management blab, blab, blab ...! Let YOUR imagination take you to where the GT could go! -- Doug

·
RunOpel
801 Posts
I personally would love to see a new production of the Opel GT. Depending on what it looks like, I could see myself buying a new one :) Wasn't there a production of Opel GT's in the mid 2000's?

·
Opeler
1,354 Posts
"If Chrysler and Peugeot merge"..........then one company will have a worldwide monopoly on unreliable and ugly!

Sorry Racer, you shouldn't serve up softballs like that! :)

·
Pedal Smasher
1,946 Posts
Hey if FCA and PSA merge, then we could have an Opel GT Hellcat!

·
Opeler
343 Posts
:) Wasn't there a production of Opel GT's in the mid 2000's?
Yes, 2006-2009 years; badged and sold in the states as the Saturn Sky. Many, including me bought one and rebadged back to the Opel GT! It's always funny when people ask me "what kind of car is that?"!!

·
Registered
885 Posts
That's right I saw both yesterday on a flat bed leaving the auction in Sanford Fl.
I was going to take a pic but things were happening to fast to do it.
What I was really laughing about is how pissed the new owner is going to be once it finally makes it where ever it's going.
The silver one being toed in the rear by it's rear was so high in the air every time the car started to bounce the front end was scraping the highway:poop:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts