Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I need a replacement ignition lock cylinder (w/key) as well as the cylindrical housing that it fits into (contains the column lock and mounts the ignition switch) for a 1972 GT. Some joker worked mine over with a screwdriver, and it no longer requires a key to unlock. If you have the matching door handle locks, that would be a bonus.

Any leads would be appreciated, and if you have a set, let's deal.

Thanks, Dave S.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Replacement lock cylinder

Hello, I know this is a very old thread, but I figured rather than start a new one, I would try to revive this one.

I have a '71 GT that I am finally getting around to trying to breathe life back into before a tear down and prep for autocross.

The lock cylinder is missing from the column, I do have a key that seems to fit the door, but not work well.

Is their a source anywhere for replacement lock sets? Doors and ignition? I would to change all three if I could.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
127 Posts
I may have a complete set, if not I definitley have a mismatched set meaning you probably will only need the ignition switch

That would be great, I tested the key in the drivers door, and it sort of worked, not really well though, made me think a complete change may be the best option if possible.

But I will settle for what is possible, maybe I can get fresh blanks and see if a lock smith can get them to work better and match a replacement ignition to the doors if needed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
No, I want to be able to lock it up in the carport while not in use. I don't have an enclosed garage to hide it in at this point.

If I had a secure location for it I would pull the interior lock rods out and call it good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts