Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm about to be a proud owner of a...

1971 Opel Manta A SR!!! :D Of course the car needs restauration and I'm just starting to figure out where to get some parts for it.

The car probably also needs repainting. What's your advice? Should I unmount everything from the car and repaint it, or can I fix the interiors and then do that afterwards, whenever I got a chance?

I know GoinManta already, a couple of other good Manta sites, and I have a german book about Opel Manta, but can you point out some directions on good sites and books (that one can find :) ) ?

Thanks,
Ricardo Diz

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi Ricardo,
Congratulations on buying the best looking of all Opel models - the Manta! :)
I am the proud owner of a 1973 Manta. They are great cars to drive and fun to work on. One of the best places to find parts is on Ebay. Do a general search for Opel Manta. With your location you should be searching both US and Germany Ebay, with the German site offering more parts than the US site. Goin Manta is also very good along with OpelGTSource.com (many Manta parts). Congratulations again and keep us informed on your restoration progress!
Jeff P.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Here is a guy on the East Coast that has a bunch of Manta parts, so I'm told.
Orphan Motorsports
Opel Parts and Service
193 Shell Rock Landing
Hubert, N.C. 28539
910-326-3459
You can email Eric Pare at: [email protected]
My first Opel was a 74 Manta Rallye. Great car, still have it. Good luck.
HtH. Jarrell

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info. BTW, I can see that most Manta owners also check the GT forums. What are the parts that are the same? Is the 1.9L Manta engine the same as the 1.9L GT engine?

Regards,
Ricardo Diz

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
ricardo
i think the engine is the same except for the rocker cover, sump and manifolds all the other parts are like for like up till 73 when the gt stopped production (dependent on european or US models)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is good news

Thanks. This is good news, specially since I have seen several GT parts Shops. I'm looking forward to start putting my Manta on the road :cool:

Regards,
Ricardo Diz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts