Opel GT Forum banner

I'm Out of the Closet! (well really the garage)

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ziggurat 
#1 ·
So with the weather hitting 65, 75 & 80 here in NJ the past 3 days, I finally got my excuses out of the way and put my 72 GT on the road. Saturday was just a couple of times around the block to see how the new brakes would hold up. Passed the 1st test with flying colors. Thank you OGTS!

Sunday, got a bit braver & took her out on the highway for about a half hour & pushed 60 mph to see if I would break apart. To my surprise, everything held together. Aside from a few expected drips from underneath, nothing major to report.

Today, she came to work with me & held up pretty good for the 20 minute hike. She even went out for lunch with the guys & everyone was pleasantly surprised on how great she looks & how well she handled.

Tonight's ride home in the dark will be her next test.

Wish me luck.
:D

#2 ·
Congrats!!!

I got my GT out for its final run of the season this past weekend. Great ride. Got it up to 70!! Nothing fell off of it.

Keep an eye out for the NJ troopers. They might not know what your car is!! Where in NJ are you located? Maybe we can get a gathering together in the Spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.