Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had to replace my pertronix ignitor because of what I believe to have been a spike or short in my electrical system, so to eliminate this costly mistakes from occurring again where should I install a inline fuse (like radio type)? I read a pertronix comment in the archive that indicated that the fuse in the under dash fusebox protects the input wiring and does not support the #3 position red line outputing to the flame thrower coil. Would appreciate all dialog. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
in-line fuse

MICAH1;
If it were me, I'd install the fuse where power comes out of the fusebox for the Pertronix unit. That way all fuses are right there. This would protect the Pertronix unit.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
You should have two sources of power that will need to be fused. One is going through your starter and the other is straight from the fuse box. To get the proper fuse you need to add whatever coil you are using to the maybe 1/2 amp your pertonics is drawing. Or you can put the fuse holder in and start at 1 amp and keep going up until it doesn't blow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts