1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Willie, it should work if you have a 1.9 engine. You'll need the auto tranny crossmember mount, a different driveshaft, and, I believe if other posts are correct all you would have to do to the tranny to make it fit in a GT is move the shifter plate to the other side of the tranny. Oh and find an auto tranny console. But maybe it would be O. K. without the console. I don't know, this is just what I've remembered from reading posts on this site and the Yahoo site. HTH.

Ron

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
auto trans

Willie;
This motor/trans is out of a Manta, and again, even though it will physically bolt in, it won't work as the shifter control shaft has to be on the passenger's side of the trans. Then, as Jared says, you need the console, the driveshaft, and radiator for a auto GT.
Good Luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Willie,

I have a 1.9 engine and auto transmission, for cheap, but in South Carolina. Let me know if interested. May be willing to trade even for other small GT parts if you have any available.

·
Registered
16 Posts
By the way, my 69 was a four speed car that was switched to auto. Regular four speed console was retained, with regular shifter boot. As far as I can tell, the console doesn't restrict the movement of the shifter, you just don't have the gear select indicator.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
i could give u the parts i have for my auto tranny i took out of my 1.9gt i believe i have everything for it u would need except the saftey switch thingy that keeps u from starting the car in gear and it also turns on the reverse light thats really the only thing missing, i could pack it and ship it if u cant find anything but i live in soutern california so if u need a last resort i would be willing to get rid of it for cheap mainly jus shipping charges. let me no if u need it since it would be said to loose a gt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an auto trans in Chicago!

I have an auto trans that is in great condition coming out of a 72 opel gt in the next week or two. The auto trans has 79,000 miles on it. I bought GT for the uncracked dash and a few other parts. If you are interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] and we can discuss a price and pick-up or delivery.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
auto trany

72opel-gt said:
I have an auto trans that is in great condition coming out of a 72 opel gt in the next week or two. The auto trans has 79,000 miles on it. I bought GT for the uncracked dash and a few other parts. If you are interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] and we can discuss a price and pick-up or delivery.

i have about $150.00 to spend i know that you want $300 but this is all that i can do right now. sorry

·
Registered
35 Posts
cochran said:
Willie,

I have a 1.9 engine and auto transmission, for cheap, but in South Carolina. Let me know if interested. May be willing to trade even for other small GT parts if you have any available.
Hi Willie, Do you have the automatic console for a GT to go with this engine and trans? Where in S.C. are you, and how much dollars would you need for these items.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gsmith said:
Hi Willie, Do you have the automatic console for a GT to go with this engine and trans? Where in S.C. are you, and how much dollars would you need for these items.

i am not selling i am seeking an auto trany

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i have an automatic console out of a 70 GT, the console and the shifting indicator, but i believe all the consoles are the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts