Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon, with a Stick shift! 2000 Mazda Miata
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a post in introductions, but figured I would also post to the model specific forum... I'm in search of my father's old Opel. Was a 1974 Opel Manta Rallye that my father purchased back in the early 80s, and had Steve Hinton, at European Motor Sport in Waynesboro, Virginia, install a custom turbocharger setup on the car. It's one of the cars my dad regrets selling the most, and we've never been able to find any further information on it, or whatever happened to it. Would commonly be seen driving around Crozet and Charlottesville, probably terrorizing the locals... Attached are a few photos from the photo album we have!

Thanks, Max Congdon

Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood
Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Light Automotive design
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon, with a Stick shift! 2000 Mazda Miata
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you searched the vin did it still come back to your father?

Karl
Everywhere I had searched showed up no history for the VIN, it recognizes the vehicle as a 1970-1980 Mopar, and that is the most amount of information I am able to receive from it. No history report, no information at all! Difficulty seems to stem from the Manta having a 13 digit VIN, doesn't seem like any modern VIN look-ups (Carfax, ETC...) have history on 13 digits, even tried the eBay Motors listing trick to no success...

·
Opeler
1,413 Posts
Everywhere I had searched showed up no history for the VIN, it recognizes the vehicle as a 1970-1980 Mopar, and that is the most amount of information I am able to receive from it. No history report, no information at all! Difficulty seems to stem from the Manta having a 13 digit VIN, doesn't seem like any modern VIN look-ups (Carfax, ETC...) have history on 13 digits, even tried the eBay Motors listing trick to no success...
Have to check with someone in law enforcement and search that vin and see who it was last registered to.

Karl

·
Opeler
171 Posts
I really hope you can find the car. I totally understand. I would like to also find out what happened to our family's 73 Manta Luxus. It was in sad shape but running and my dad had agreed to sell to me and then suddenly it was gone...sold to someone else. I figured it was parted out but always wanted to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts