Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the name of the store and phone number for clutch kits manufactured by sachs, 125 for the whole kit, disk, pressureplate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, clutch alignment too, and assembly grease.

Campbell Auto Supply
1-269-327-8589
Monday-Friday 8AM-8PM
saturday 8AM-6PM
sunday 10AM-4PM

if they say they dont have them, tell them to check the cataloug, because they do have them, it takes them 1 day to get it to their store. the special order is no extra cost. maybe if theres enough of you guys, you can get a better deal yet, but who knows, might be worth the try...just posting this here as i've had a couple PMs about them in the last week or so.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe it was sachs, i dont have a part number, this was from last summer so i threw the box away a long time ago, you shouldn't need it anyway.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Just called them and placed an order for the whole assembly. Clutch, Disc pressure plate, throwout bearing and alignment tool. It wasn't a Sachs, but an American manufactuer. Price was quoted at $124. All new parts. I was told 3 to 4 business days to ship from the West Coast to the East Coast. I will post some pictures and comments when it arrives. Thanks Jared, Jarrell

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
S 10 clutch w/ UR aluminum flywheel

I have a question regarding a Perfection clutch by Zoom that I bought to install w/my UR flywheel. It seems that the clutch is about 1/8th" larger than the center(dark) section of the aluminum clutch . Is this a big problem? I don't want to find out that it is after I install it.
Craig

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Just got the clutch assembly and have enclosed a picture of it. It looks very good. I won't know how it preforms until it's installed around mid summer. Thanks again for the info Jared. Jarrell

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the clutches work good, i can personally vouch for them. i knew the motor was gonna blow in my old GT, so i figured, might as well finish it off with some fun, and it held up to 6,500 RPM "neutral drops", and i powerbraked it like a bitch, 6,800 RPM, at a standstill for probably40-50 seconds, really abused the car, honestly did, and the clutch is fine, using it in my DD car now, can't make it slip.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
just got mine from campbell auto via greensmurf

here is some info.I called in a credit card to campbell..they were good to do business with.I ordered on a saturday.they said they would call me back on monday when it got shipped. What a novel business idea."they called me back and said it was shipped" :rolleyes:
it says all new parts.made in korea.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it must be a different clutch they're selling now, the clutch i had gotten was made in california, box said NEW right on it, said produced by american re-manufacturers inc.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
made in korea

greensmurf..it is the same one pictured above in soybeans post...

its says made in korea in fine print..but the box says annaheim ca.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
could be the same thing then.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I didn't have but a moment whle planting to open the box and take a couple of pictures, but when I get to the shop today, I will look on the box and check it out and post what it says on the fine print. Jarrell

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Bucky, You are correct. The clutch disc has Korea written on it. I couldn't find anything on the Plate. The box has printed on it Anaheim California. (American re-manufacturers inc.) It still looks good to me! The price was right for the budget I'm on. The next major upgrade is front, $ suspension. It's got to be better than the old one that's on it. If you get yours installed fairly soon, let me know how it performs.If it will stand up to what Jared put it through, it will run for a while. LOL. He did what I did at that age, still do come to think of it. :D Jarrell

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"If it will stand up to what Jared put it through, it will run for a while. LOL. He did what I did at that age, still do come to think of it. Jarrell"

lol, i dont normally beat up on my GT too bad. this was an old GT, the 3rd motor i put in it within 3 weeks, and i knew it was gonna blow so i figured i'd have some fun with it first, since there would be no extra consequences to pay, since it was gonna blow anyway. the extenct of my "horseplay" now is pretty much driving 65 everywhere, i like grabbing rubber in 2nd gear occasionally, and once every couple weeks people get together and give me 30 or 40 bucks to powerbrake my car, they've never seen it dont and they can't grapple the fact that a 70 horse 4 cylinder will stand in one spot and just roast 2 tires until it digs holes in the asphault..... washing rubber off my rear quarters and trying to conserve gas keeps me pretty mild, cops are always watching my car too, they expect a new driver with a car like mine to mess around, but who wouldnt?

·
Opeler
399 Posts
Clutch

Hi ,
I called Cambell and they do not ship to MA
Do you know of anybody on the Net with prices like Cambell's?
Thanks

heres the name of the store and phone number for clutch kits manufactured by sachs, 125 for the whole kit, disk, pressureplate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, clutch alignment too, and assembly grease.

Campbell Auto Supply
1-269-327-8589
Monday-Friday 8AM-8PM
saturday 8AM-6PM
sunday 10AM-4PM

if they say they dont have them, tell them to check the cataloug, because they do have them, it takes them 1 day to get it to their store. the special order is no extra cost. maybe if theres enough of you guys, you can get a better deal yet, but who knows, might be worth the try...just posting this here as i've had a couple PMs about them in the last week or so.

·
Opeler
399 Posts
Clutch Kit

Hi,
what is the name of the place you ordered the clutch kit (CA).I need a kit real bad
thanks
Marius

Just called them and placed an order for the whole assembly. Clutch, Disc pressure plate, throwout bearing and alignment tool. It wasn't a Sachs, but an American manufactuer. Price was quoted at $124. All new parts. I was told 3 to 4 business days to ship from the West Coast to the East Coast. I will post some pictures and comments when it arrives. Thanks Jared, Jarrell

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I called Campbell Auto Supply as per my post. Don't know why they wouldn't ship to Ma. I'm in N.C. and had no problem. Did you ask why they wouldn't ship it? If nothing else, maybe you could send the money out to a member on the West Coast and get them to order it and re-ship it to you. Or call Gil at OGTS http://www.opelgtsource.com/shop.cgi?page=home.htm They will ship it to you with no problem. Hth, Jarrell

·
Opeler
1,265 Posts
Hey all. Is there any other place to get the clutch kit for the GT? Other than OPGTS and the place mentioned in this thread? Just trying to save money to use it elsewhere.

Karl
70 GT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts