Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
self admitted opel addict
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoiler going on:
Is there suppose to be a gap about a 1/4" - 1/2" between the front spoiler and the car body???
I have a gap that is located on the top side of the spoiler...in the area right before where the spoiler curves back to hook around the fender well. for better clarification...if you look at the very end of your front bumper...it's that area.
I have the RS01/B front spoiler. Does not seem like a good fit to me. (bumper support has been removed)
Does the gap just remain or is there a trick here I need to know about??:confused:

·
Kalifornia Kid
551 Posts
Not sure I understand your description too well. I have the RS01/B spoiler,on my 73 GT as well. I assume you have the spoiler raised up under the bumper lip area? So that it is sitting as high as possible, and that you are in a warm garage. Fiberglass is real hard to flex when cold. If I understand right, the gap is where the tip of the spoiler meets the edge of the wheel well. On my GT I did extra work in this area to feather edge the blending of the fiberglass to steel. I used fiberglass epoxy to mate the glass to the bare steel. I also changed the look of the spoiler slightly. The RS01/B spoiler curves towards the fender lip, on mine I straightened the lip so that the spoiler & the fender look as though they are one piece. So flat that you can run a yard stick up the side.
I did leave the side and front bumer support in the GT however. I notched the fiberglass so that the front middle bumper support was still there. I have a much harder time mounting the bumper, but I figured the extra support was well worth it. I screwd studs onto the bumper so that they poke throught the bumper bracket, then I secure with two aero nuts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts