Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Opeler
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for an instrument panel for a GT. Condition isn't all that important as I'm using this as a template to make a new one.

Please let me know if one would be available

Thanks

Eric

·
Opeler
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am interested in what you have, I'll send a PM.

I have a 1970 GT and to be honest, I'm not what the differences are between the years. So I'm not sure if it needs to stay the same or not. Hopefully someone can shed some light if there are differences

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got one!

I've got one that I don't need. Includes the wiring harness and a few spider eggs. Where are you located? How much were you looking to spend?

·
RunOpel
929 Posts
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I'm wondering how your progress is going Eric? Also curious to know what style you are customizing? Is your plans to make the dash easier to get to the heater core? I have been pondering a way to modify the original dash so I can get to the heater core without removing the entire dash pad and instrument panel. I do want to keep the original look if possible. I think that's whats causing my delay in modifications.

If you care to share ideas and/or pictures, I would greatly appreciate it. And for that matter, anyone who cares to chime in with some thoughts, I have read several other threads pertaining to dash/instrument bezel modifications, but nothing that referenced a modification with keeping the originality.

·
Opeler
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still to be determined. I want to keep a fairly stock look, but change a few things for an air conditioning install at some point. I’d like to add air vents for air conditioning in a couple or all of the top 3 gauge holes and then install new controls for air & heat. I’d keep the two main gauges in the same place, but use a quad gauge and a speedo/tach combo.
I’m more focused on the engine right now and (big surprise) I didn’t get to the things I had planned on due to life getting in the way.

·
RunOpel
929 Posts
No worries Eric, I know the feeling, to many projects :)
But I'am still curious if anyone else has modified there dash/instrument panel for easier access to the heater core?

·
RunOpel
929 Posts
Thanks Lindsay, I have seen Heliman's own creation of a digital dash and it is absolutely amazing. I didn't notice on prior observations that there does appear to be an access area where the heater core is located. Your right, its hard to see, but there does look like screws attaching a panel that could be removed for access to the heater core. Maybe I will PM him and see if i can get a better picture of that area.

I wonder if anyone has modified there original dash pad to allow access to the heater core? I'm fortunate to have an original dash pad that is in near perfect condition. So I don't want to destroy or modify it, but would love to experiment with one that is in okay shape. I know there has to be someone out there that has modified the dash pad for access to the heater core. It is such a pain in the rear to remove the dash pad and instrument bezel just to access the heater core.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts