Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,
I'm going to install my weber very soon and want to do some modest intake modifications ala Ralley Bob's article. -Do I need to replace the intake gasket when I remove&replace the intake? It's one and the same as the exhaust gasket right? TIA

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
I have found that if you use the metal clad intake/exhaust gasket, that you can remove the intake/exhaust repeatedly and it will still seal. I have done this several times.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
did the metal gasket come standard or would I have to get one?
(I want to do this today so I'm trying to weasle out of ordering one) I guess I'll just have to try and see if I get any leaks with whatever I have on there,

·
184 Posts
I bought a repalcement gasket from OGTS when I did my intake porting and Sprint exhaust manlfold install, "just in case". I'm glad I did, the PO had the head redone with hardened valve seats and I guess the mechanic didn't use a torque wrench on the manifold bolts. Several were loose, the exhaust blow by wrecked the gasket, it couldn't be re-used. It was only like $13 or so for me it was worth having, since I didn't know the condition of the gasket that was in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts